No Docs needed?

Kybabe

:confused: Just received an email from my TA stating that her company has a new agreement with Princess where we will not need documents. Our name is on their manifest list. We are to just show up with passports, etc. This makes me a little bit nervous. Has anyone else boarded without docs? and then how do we do the doc dance?

You don't even have e-docs? I've done one cruise (Celebrity) where I didn't have paper documents, but I was instructed to log onto Celebrity's website with my booking number in order to print e-docs. The docs had a bar code at the bottom, and embarkation was a breeze. They just scanned the bar code and issued my room key.

As for luggage tags, I was supposed to pick them up at the pier. However, since I was traveling light for that cruise (only a five-dayer) and had everything in one duffle bag, the guy at the security station offered to just run my dufflebag through the scanner and let me take it with me right onto the ship.

But no docs at all? That sounds a bit fishy to me.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I heard from my very responsible TA, that Princess has the "no doc" thing in the works... calling them e-docs. Cutting out the expense of mailing documents, will benefit both Princess and the TA's.

The only thing that scares me with e-docs is that you lose that extra layer of someone checking everything over before you get it ... to make sure there are no problems. The reason the cruise lines mail the docs to the TA and not to the passenger is because a good TA will go over those documents with a fine-tooth comb to be sure they are accurate. Are the names spelled correctly? If there's air, are the vouchers for flights included, and are those flights correct? Are transfer vouchers included, etc.?

I hope Princess has a procedure in place to allow the TA first to log into her client's documents and verify their accuracy? This way, at least the TA can get any problems straightened out before the client sees the documents, discovers an error, and gets all upset.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived