No Docs needed?

Kybabe

:confused: Just received an email from my TA stating that her company has a new agreement with Princess where we will not need documents. Our name is on their manifest list. We are to just show up with passports, etc. This makes me a little bit nervous. Has anyone else boarded without docs? and then how do we do the doc dance?

We've always had documents, with "hard" tickets, including air tickets.

We're leaving Tuesday for Buenos Aires and Regal Princess, and have "hard" tickets.

I'm sure someone will have some other answer, more definitive than mine.

That's certainly a new one. Cruise documents are essentially e-tix, so theoretically not needed.

However, you often need the hard copy "voucher" included in your cruise docs for on board credits, and they're always necessary for land transfers booked thru the cruise line. if you don't need the "vouchers", then you can board with just your booking number on any major cruise line.

I, for one, will be happy when hard copy criuse docs are officially eliminated and handled routinely the same as airline e-tix.

My parents have yet to board a cruise ship with their cruise documents. Their first cruise, they booked about 5 days before the cruise, so there was no time to get the documents before the cruise. Since their name was on the manifest, that was all they needed to board. The second cruise, they lost their docs. They called Princess and they said, "No problem, you're on the manifest so you'll be able to board." And sure enough, it was no problem for them to board without their docs. They had some onboard credit on that second cruise from our TA, and it was just automatically put on their account, no problems at all. The first cruise was out of Seattle; the second was out of Southampton, not sure if that makes a difference.

We have cruised without documents several times, usually when we book last minute. As long as you have a booking ID, and fill out your immigration information online, you should be all set. Just speak with one of the porters about luggage tags...they may even fill them out for you.

I heard from my very responsible TA, that Princess has the "no doc" thing in the works... calling them e-docs. Cutting out the expense of mailing documents, will benefit both Princess and the TA's. Guess they're trying it out slowly to see how it's accepted. Luggage tags will be given out at the terminal... passengers fill them out and put them on before turning them over to the luggage handlers. When I 1st heard about it I wondered how they'll deal with platinum check-in vs. regular check-in. Guess nothing ever stays the same, does it.

Sandy

I am with all of those new to the e-docs. This is the first cruise that we have taken without the packet of tickets. We recieved our precruise papers as well and luggage tags.

Sblue, we are on the same cruise!!:) Please come and join us on the roll call.:D

Linda

We have cruised without documents several times, usually when we book last minute. As long as you have a booking ID, and fill out your immigration information online, you should be all set. Just speak with one of the porters about luggage tags...they may even fill them out for you.

I don't think I could trust the porter to fill out my tags. We are going to make stickys at home so we can stick them right on. I will write our cabin number in large letters.

Kybabe,

We're on the same cruise and I'm just across the river from you. I haven't received my final docs yet from our out-of-state TA, and haven't received any e-mail to say we wouldn't get any, so am assuming we will still get something. The waiting is killing me.

Four weeks to go!

Kathy

I don't think I could trust the porter to fill out my tags. We are going to make stickys at home so we can stick them right on. I will write our cabin number in large letters.

Hi Grampy, just a question, looking at your signature....there is no cruise that starts on 4/22/06 on the Sapphire, do you mean the 15th?? I am just asking because that is the embarkation date of our cruise on the Sapphire and we don't want to leave you:)

Linda

Hi Grampy, just a question, looking at your signature....there is no cruise that starts on 4/22/06 on the Sapphire, do you mean the 15th?? I am just asking because that is the embarkation date of our cruise on the Sapphire and we don't want to leave you:)

Linda

I just peeked at the Princess.com website and they show a 4/22/06 sailing on the Sapphire. :)

I just peeked at the Princess.com website and they show a 4/22/06 sailing on the Sapphire. :)

Whew!:D :D

I asked our TA about the docs. He told me that we will still have them mailed to us. I don't want to do the doc dance with out my docs.

I guess it was just a matter of time before this would happen. But I do hope they will still send the luggage tags. I would like to get those on prior to getting to pier. Sounds like that would slow up the boarding process which no one will like.

Whew!:D :D

I asked our TA about the docs. He told me that we will still have them mailed to us. I don't want to do the doc dance with out my docs.

So sorry Grampy, it has been a long day:o I feel so goofy. I guess I really do need a vacation.:D

Linda

So sorry Grampy, it has been a long day:o I feel so goofy. I guess I really do need a vacation.:D

Linda

I'm with you. We all could use a vacation right now. Please make it on a cruise ship to anywhere.:D

Archived