What does Harvest Caye offer passengers?

Loucat

We will be sailing NCL in November and Harvest Caye is one of our ports. I have searched on the island but do not find much other than pics of beach and pool. Is there any shopping? Pharmacy? Restaurants? Any information from those who have been there would be much appreciated. We have typically gone to the main port in Belize by tender. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We've been there twice (not sure if you have already left since it's November already...but for others), I did a complete review of this place with pictures if you are interested on my travel blog/website...located HERE and also HERE

There's plenty of shopping, food and drinks, the very large pool, zip lining, beach and also an animal place. There's plenty to see and do and places to hang out at. It's a very large place. 

• 4 weeks later...

We were at Harvest Caye in October. It is a beautiful place! If the sand were as soft as the beach at Half Moon Cay, it would be perfect. Expansive beach, large pool, lots of nice shops and activities, well-maintained...I had an excursion credit so I used it to do the electric boat ride to see manatees.

1 hour ago, luv2travel06 said:

We were at Harvest Caye in October. It is a beautiful place! If the sand were as soft as the beach at Half Moon Cay, it would be perfect. Expansive beach, large pool, lots of nice shops and activities, well-maintained...I had an excursion credit so I used it to do the electric boat ride to see manatees.

Can you tell me more about this boat ride? Did you see manatees? Are they in a confined area and sure to see them or you "might" see them on this ride because they hang out there? I have a credit as well to use but I normally don't do ship excursions. 

I had a $50 per port excursion credit and the cost was $49, so I signed up since it was free. I believe it was called the Black Swan Electric Boat Cruise. You board in the area where all excursions involving boat rides depart. The waiting area is covered, as is the boat. Once you exit the bay, you head over to a marked area where the manatees hang out and watch for them to pop up, and try to get a little closer--much like a whale watching excursion. Not a lot else to see, but the guide was entertaining. They don't guarantee sightings, but we saw them. As the boat has electric power, it was a quiet, pleasant ride.

• Like 1