Royals terminal questions

waterbugohio

Sailing for the first time out of NO.  And actually first time ever in NO. 

Staying at Double tree by Hilton the night before.  Safe to walk from there to port the morning of cruise?  I see that it is only two blocks to riverwalk and have read to walk inside from there.   

Also, has anyone cruise Royal in NO since covid??  How is the checkin process there??  How particular are they on carrying on water/soda??  We have many cruise under our bet, but know each port is self ran and they all vary.  Just wondered if any first hand experiences.  

Also, does riverwalk have wine to purchase to take on board?  Liquor for night before?? 

Thanks for any other tips you can give me when sailing out of NO

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 1:14 PM, waterbugohio said:

Staying at Double tree by Hilton the night before.  Safe to walk from there to port the morning of cruise?  I see that it is only two blocks to riverwalk and have read to walk inside from there. 

Very safe and easy to walk to Julia St Terminal. It's a very touristy area so no issues there. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:14 PM, waterbugohio said:

Also, does riverwalk have wine to purchase to take on board?  Liquor for night before?? 

You'll find its not difficult to procure alcohol in any form in New Orleans. The town practically runs on it. There is a basic liquor store thats near the terminal just past the Omni on the main drag that goes in front of the terminal. Basic corner store type of set up. 

Do make sure you get out and have a few drinks around town the night before-- it's a lot of fun. You are walking distance to the French Quarter. Walk over to the Hotel Monteleone and their famous Carousel Bar. There is a lot of good eating and drinking to be had. 

Your hotel is also next door to the Windsor Court Hotel which upstairs has one of my favorite bars in town-- the Polo Club.