What to do in Vigo, Spain?

Vigo is a good jumping off place to visit Santiago di Compostela, the famous pilgrimage site. (A Coruna is the other.). I did it from Vigo as I think the trip is a bit shorter, and there was nothing else in Vigo that I was particularly interested in. 

Unfortunately, I went in April (first European cruise by Celebrity in 2022) and due to COVID, they were only allowing limited numbers inside the Cathedral. Even though our tour was supposed to enter, we were not able to do so on the actual day.

I took a ship tour because Celebrity did not let us know until very late in the game whether we would be allowed to tour independently. Otherwise I probably would've done it via a private tour.

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Vigo is a good jumping off place to visit Santiago di Compostela, the famous pilgrimage site. (A Coruna is the other.). I did it from Vigo as I think the trip is a bit shorter, and there was nothing else in Vigo that I was particularly interested in. 

We have been to both A Coruna and Vigo, and visited Santiago de Compostela from A Coruna. For the OP, I strongly recommend visiting Santiago de Compostela, both because it is extremely interesting in its own right, and because Vigo, imho, wasn’t.(Sure, there are things you can do there, but they don’t compare to seeing Santiago de Compostela.) 

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Even though our tour was supposed to enter, we were not able to do so on the actual day.

That’s a shame. Hopefully, things have changed.