Navigator room 3B -4B

Johnny60

Sorry if this is a stupid question.   We have just been upgraded to room 9636 Spacious balcony 3B 4B and has a little triangle after it.   I am totally lost as to what that all means.   Can any one help please?   Thanks 

37 minutes ago, Johnny60 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.   We have just been upgraded to room 9636 Spacious balcony 3B 4B and has a little triangle after it.   I am totally lost as to what that all means.   Can any one help please?   Thanks 

Here's the the key to the symbols from Royal's page.  If there's a triangle or an asterisk, it means it holds more than just two people.  

image.png.614647666f8604fb665871c687d48365.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Here's the the key to the symbols from Royal's page.  If there's a triangle or an asterisk, it means it holds more than just two people.  

image.png.614647666f8604fb665871c687d48365.png

Thank you.  So it must have a pull out bunk some where.   Just didn’t want it to mean anything awful!!   It’s all a bit confusing to me!

1 minute ago, Johnny60 said:

Thank you.  So it must have a pull out bunk some where.   Just didn’t want it to mean anything awful!!   It’s all a bit confusing to me!

it either has that or a small sofa bed.  But that's a great location, not too far up to the pool/buffet, not too far down to the promenade.  I've been on Navigator 3 times this year, and was on deck 9 earlier this month, although I was pretty far up on the forward side.  Have a great cruise and congrats on the upgrade!  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 3:58 PM, rockmom said:

it either has that or a small sofa bed.  But that's a great location, not too far up to the pool/buffet, not too far down to the promenade.  I've been on Navigator 3 times this year, and was on deck 9 earlier this month, although I was pretty far up on the forward side.  Have a great cruise and congrats on the upgrade!  🙂

Given your experience on Navigator, do you think it is pretty safe to book a balcony guarantee? The price is quite a bit less, and we are not too worried about forward/aft.

18 minutes ago, donswife said:

Given your experience on Navigator, do you think it is pretty safe to book a balcony guarantee? The price is quite a bit less, and we are not too worried about forward/aft.

I'd risk it if is a big savings.  There are a few balcony cabins that are obstructed a bit--those are the ones that are aft facing the wake, so there's superstructure and to see the water, you have to look out, not down.  There aren't very many on deck 10, where you could end up under the pool which can be loud, but deck 10 is predominantly grand, owners and Jr suites both forward and midship.  However, there are balconies at in the rear section of Deck 10, which would put you under the windjammer, which can get noisy too if you're a light sleeper (think of them rolling around carts, chairs, etc. as they set up for an early breakfast.  Lastly, some balcony cabins can be connecting and not everyone likes have that door inside their room. I've never had any issues with that on any ship, with regard to noise, but some people have.  So, if the savings is worth not knowing where you'll be, and you can live with whatever would be your 'worst case scenario' for a location, then go for it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I'd risk it if is a big savings.  There are a few balcony cabins that are obstructed a bit--those are the ones that are aft facing the wake, so there's superstructure and to see the water, you have to look out, not down.  There aren't very many on deck 10, where you could end up under the pool which can be loud, but deck 10 is predominantly grand, owners and Jr suites both forward and midship.  However, there are balconies at in the rear section of Deck 10, which would put you under the windjammer, which can get noisy too if you're a light sleeper (think of them rolling around carts, chairs, etc. as they set up for an early breakfast.  Lastly, some balcony cabins can be connecting and not everyone likes have that door inside their room. I've never had any issues with that on any ship, with regard to noise, but some people have.  So, if the savings is worth not knowing where you'll be, and you can live with whatever would be your 'worst case scenario' for a location, then go for it.  

Thank you.  I feel out of my league, as I have never been on this class of ship, and I am going with a friend who has only cruised once.  

1 hour ago, donswife said:

Thank you.  I feel out of my league, as I have never been on this class of ship, and I am going with a friend who has only cruised once.  

It's a perfect size then!  So much fun stuff to do, but not massive like an Oasis Class. It's very easy to find your way around on this class of ship--and they did a fantastic job on the 'amp'/refurbishment.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, donswife said:

You will love the Navigator.  Make sure to watch a YouTube video before you go.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1