NCL Free at Sea & Free at Sea Plus

seasidemama

Hi all, new to NCL. Can someone explain to me how the Free at Sea promos work with three in a room where the third is a minor?

I read through their terms (https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions) and most refer to guests 1-2.

I did see on the beverage package guest 3 must get the package at the prevailing rate. What about minors?

Also - for specialty dining - do I pay full price for the third person regardless of age?

Internet - I would upgrade the internet to the unlimited premium. Is the third package priced separately at a full rate?

Finally -  it says internet package doesn't apply to Great Stirrup Cay - is there no internet at the port or would this need to be purchased separately? is there internet on the ship while at this port? Would tmobile global work here?

I'm just so used to RCCL cruise planner and this is very confusing to me. full disclosure - I'm only thinking of booking with NCL - not booked yet so don't have access to see what actual pricing and/or pre cruise purchase interface looks like.

Thanks!

There is an 11 page thread on the "plus" upgrade here: 

Are you asking about that $50 per person per day upgrade or just the base free-at-sea packages?

For the base FAS plans, the 3rd passenger would pay full price for the SDP ($90 plus gratuities) and a beverage package (I believe a minor can get the soda plan, $10 per day plus gratuities).

8 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Internet - I would upgrade the internet to the unlimited premium. Is the third package priced separately at a full rate?

Only guests 1 and 2 get free internet minutes, the "upgrade" price is based on credit for the FAS plan minutes.  You can always sign off from one device for a few minutes and sign in on the 3rd if that passenger doesn't need always-on internet.  The plans are not device-specific, just that only one can be signed on at a time for each "plan".

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Can someone explain to me how the Free at Sea promos work with three in a room where the third is a minor?

Unlimited Open Bar Package (Open Bar)

Unlimited Open Bar Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Unlimited Open Bar Package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.

Specialty Dining Package

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation (guest #3 gets nothing)

I did see on the beverage package guest 3 must get the package at the prevailing rate. What about minors?

A minor can buy a soda package at the current price ($9.95 per person per day + 20% service charge). It isn't mandatory to buy the package, though. 

Also - for specialty dining - do I pay full price for the third person regardless of age?

Yes, if you choose to buy a package for them. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Unlimited Open Bar Package (Open Bar)

Unlimited Open Bar Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Unlimited Open Bar Package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.

Specialty Dining Package

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation (guest #3 gets nothing)

A minor can buy a soda package at the current price ($9.95 per person per day + 20% service charge). It isn't mandatory to buy the package, though. 

Yes, if you choose to buy a package for them. 

Thanks for clarifying. I thought I was missing something.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

There is an 11 page thread on the "plus" upgrade here: 

Are you asking about that $50 per person per day upgrade or just the base free-at-sea packages?

For the base FAS plans, the 3rd passenger would pay full price for the SDP ($90 plus gratuities) and a beverage package (I believe a minor can get the soda plan, $10 per day plus gratuities).

Only guests 1 and 2 get free internet minutes, the "upgrade" price is based on credit for the FAS plan minutes.  You can always sign off from one device for a few minutes and sign in on the 3rd if that passenger doesn't need always-on internet.  The plans are not device-specific, just that only one can be signed on at a time for each "plan".

Thanks for the thread, I didn't see it. I wouldn't get the soda package as my kids don't even drink soda and I read that bottled water isn't even included nor are juices or non-alcoholic daiquiris etc. That would be a silly add on for me if I had to pay for it.

Edited by seasidemama

8 hours ago, seasidemama said:

I wouldn't get the soda package as my kids don't even drink soda and I read that bottled water isn't even included nor are juices or non-alcoholic daiquiris etc.

we're not getting the soda package for our teens either , thinking about the new " Starbucks " package but as they are going to be 17 & 18 can only get it for the 18 year old , I might be better off just pre loading their cards with the $$ and not worrying about it anymore 😄 

• Like 2

I will say I got the FAS+ on my last cruise a couple weeks ago and it was a great value I got up got my Starbucks, had second Starbucks after breakfast went to the MDR or extra specialty restaurant and got a bottle of champagne with dinner and ended the night grabbing two bottles of water on my way back to the room. 

I have another cruise in 5 days and just added it on. 

• Like 1