Jupiter fender bender?

SailorPaulH

I witnessed some amazing docking sequences on my recent VOC - example: the captain spun the ship around in a small harbor area in Stavanger and then reverse parked the ship right next to an AIDA cruise ship.

However, when we were in Flam, I photographed the starboard tail of the Jupiter and what looks like a fender bender. Anybody know when and what happened here? 

IMG_1427.JPG

• Like 1

I don't know anything about this but that's just a minor fender bender.  On our very first cruise some 26 years ago we got up early and walked down to the end of the dock in Vancouver (probably impossible now) to watch our ship come in.  Someone made a major miscalculation of the current because as we were standing there, the Crown Princess headed straight for where we were standing.  The starboard side of the bow connected with the corner of the pier sending up an enormous cloud of concrete and resulting in a large booboo to the ship as we went running. That one wasn't going to buff out.  Had to reverse the ship back out and give it another go.

Jupiter got that bruise shortly after she was put in service.  If memory serves, some port in Italy where a tug operator fell short.  Lots of wind involved.  The ship came in contact with a pier or dolphin.  There might still be a YouTube video if you dig for it.

Edited by Donaghadee

18 hours ago, Donaghadee said:

Jupiter got that bruise shortly after she was put in service.  If memory serves, some port in Italy where a tug operator fell short.  Lots of wind involved.  The ship came in contact with a pier or dolphin.  There might still be a YouTube video if you dig for it.

Here’s the YouTube.