The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 28th, 2022

richwmn

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My friend in Longboat Key finally let us know that they drove 7 1/2 hours to Fort Lauderdale- usually a 2 1/2 hour drive.  At least they are safe.  They don’t know when they will be allowed to return.  

So glad they are safe. 👍 

59 minutes ago, summer slope said:

We are safe. Power went out at 6:30 last night but we have a whole house generator. Wind was unbelievable. Will check for damage when it gets light. 

So glad to hear you are safe 👍 Thanks for letting us know.  Hoping you didn’t sustain too much damage 🙏🏻 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

We are safe. Power went out at 6:30 last night but we have a whole house generator. Wind was unbelievable. Will check for damage when it gets light. 

Glad you are safe.  Thanks for letting us know.  I hope the damage is not too extensive and be careful when you go outside.

Lenda

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie @dfish!  Congratulations!!!  Celebration is in order. 🍾🥂 I love your new forever home , it looks so ranch like, almost Frank Lloyd Wright. I would love it, and am surprised it stayed on the market. See, things happen for a reason! BTW, I love miso. It’s a very misunderstood ingredient. It makes a wonderful marinade for fish when combined with sake and rice vinegar and sugar. I have a recipe if you are interested. 

Thanks, Sharon!   We'll have plenty of opportunity to celebrate when we are on our BHB.  I'd be interested in the fish marinade recipe.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Thank you for letting us know.   Hopefully @MISTER 67 will check in this morning.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, kazu said:

Prayers for you 🙏🏻. Fiona wasn’t as bad as this for us but it is tiring listening to the wind and rain wondering what will / is happening.   I hope you all wake up in the morning with no serious damage and most of all - that you are all safe through this thing ♥️ 

Thanks Jacqui. I haven’t seen an update, yet, but the last one said the worst winds should hit early this afternoon. Bindi and I just came in and it is already wild out there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thanks Jacqui. I haven’t seen an update, yet, but the last one said the worst winds should hit early this afternoon. Bindi and I just came in and it is already wild out there. 

Oh no, you have to endure today?  Stay safe.  🙏🏻 🙏🏻 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh no, you have to endure today?  Stay safe.  🙏🏻 🙏🏻 

Yes.  Ian has/had a long arm that stretched to the Northeast. So the rain and gusty winds started here early. The Coast was expected to get 8 inches of rain by this morning. I am not sure whether I got that much. 

I do know I need to empty water out of my pool this morning. I had hoped to wait until late afternoon, but the water is at the top of the pavers already. 

• Like 4