coco cay

Bstein493

We did the beach club 3 of 4 days we were there, so didn’t pay a lot of attention to the free stuff.  The one day we didn’t do beach club, we had free passes for the water slides (they had cancelled our daybed due to closing off the area we had booked it in, so they refunded us, and gave us the passes).  I do recall seeing activity areas scattered about the included sections — stuff like Volleyball, etc.  And of course, there are different beach and swimming options, as well as several included food venues.  I’m sure there are a lot of videos on line covering the topic if you want to look.

You can snorkel with your own equipment for absolutely no cost.  

It's a nice place to just grab a lounge chair and chill for the day.

The ship brings down food that is no charge.  Of course I'm sure they're charging for certain things now, but I'm good with the food that's free.

There is a play/splash area for kids, pool, beach, volleyball, ping pong, corn hole, basketball, and  beach.  Everywhere they have tons of chairs with umbrellas for free.  We bring our own snorkel gear and a ball to throw at the beach.  There is a snack shack with great burgers/chicken, salads, mozzarella sticks, fries, funnel cakes, and cookies or a full buffet area with other options like tacos, fresh fruit, other sandwiches, etc.  If you have the drink or wifi packages, both of those work on the island.  My kids do enjoy using the floating mats, which are fairly reasonable to rent.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:31 PM, PaperGrandma said:

Is the main dining room open for breakfast and lunch on days when docked at Coco Cay?  We will be on the Enchantment of The Seas January of 2023.

Thank you for any information.

The main dining rooms are generally closed for lunch on all port days.  I THINK I remember them being open for breakfast, but I won't swear to it.

Love going to Cococay without spending a penny! The included food is delicious, especially the chicken sandwiches, mozz sticks, and funnel cakes from the snack shacks and the taco bar with freshly made tortillas from the 2 grills (buffets).

Wife usually snorkels 1st thing for a bit then we spend the rest of the day by the pool (and in it) when I'm not stuffing myself with trips between Chill Grill and the nearest snack shack. Add in some frozen drinks (also included since we're Diamond) and we can't get enough of the place.

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wife usually snorkels 1st thing for a bit

Where does she normally snorkel?  Which beach?  We'll be there in February and will have our gear on the ship (we plan to do some snorkeling off St. Thomas) and if the snorkeling is worth it, I'll tote the stuff onto the cay.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Where does she normally snorkel?  Which beach?  We'll be there in February and will have our gear on the ship (we plan to do some snorkeling off St. Thomas) and if the snorkeling is worth it, I'll tote the stuff onto the cay.

Thanks.

Chill Beach. Aside from fish, she has seen lemon sharks, nurse sharks, and I believe a ray of some sort.

It's not world class snorkeling, of course, but it's free and you're already bringing the equipment so not much to lose.

Edited by OCSC Mike