Club Orange cabin upgrade

KAKcruiser

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

We are sailing on the Rodderdam September 2023.  I really don’t care about the possibility of an up grade for our cabin.  We are wondering if it is worth the extra money to have Club Orange for the other benefits.

You can get a full list of benefits here:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/club-orange.html

The cost will vary by length of cruise, either $25 pp/day or $15 pp/day

Besides the cabin upgrade value, we find value in the tender benefits if the cruise is port intensive with multiple tender ports. The larger ships (Rotterdam etc.) have a separate dining room for club orange, if that is to your liking.

If you are on a guarantee CO will allow you to choose your stateroom.  If you have tender ports you won’t need to pick up a tender ticket (you go when you are ready).   The CO dining room is smaller but if you get a good table in the dining room the CO advantage goes away as far as I’m concerned.  

I think it is important to point out, once again, that the cabin upgrade included with CO is not random if done properly. For example, I love aft-facing balconies but they are among the most expensive balcony cabins. On a 14 day cruise, I can book an obstructed balcony for several hundreds of $$ less than the aft-facing balcony, then purchase CO for an additional $210 pp and upgrade to the aft balcony I really want, which I have identified prior to booking. 

I not only get my preferred cabin for less money, I get the additional CO benefits such as priority tendering and separate line at guest services, which worked very well for me on a recent cruise. 

I loved the separate dining room on the Rotterdam!  I am hard of hearing and the MDR acoustics are a nightmare for me. Also, the service was outstanding. 

to each their own of course. The benefits will be worth it to some and not to others. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

I think it is important to point out, once again, that the cabin upgrade included with CO is not random if done properly. For example, I love aft-facing balconies but they are among the most expensive balcony cabins. On a 14 day cruise, I can book an obstructed balcony for several hundreds of $$ less than the aft-facing balcony, then purchase CO for an additional $210 pp and upgrade to the aft balcony I really want, which I have identified prior to booking. 

I not only get my preferred cabin for less money, I get the additional CO benefits such as priority tendering and separate line at guest services, which worked very well for me on a recent cruise. 

I loved the separate dining room on the Rotterdam!  I am hard of hearing and the MDR acoustics are a nightmare for me. Also, the service was outstanding. 

to each their own of course. The benefits will be worth it to some and not to others. 

I've stood in the club orange line at the front desk only to be completely ignored.  They took person after person from the regular line while I stood there.  Only when I spoke up did they attend to me so it may not be the dream people think it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've stood in the club orange line at the front desk only to be completely ignored.  They took person after person from the regular line while I stood there.  Only when I spoke up did they attend to me so it may not be the dream people think it is.

I’m really surprised that you took so long to speak up.  I think HAL should put a “call bell” at the Club Orange location.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Depending on how the line is setup, I would have just walked up when it was my turn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I’m really surprised that you took so long to speak up.  I think HAL should put a “call bell” at the Club Orange location.  

Yeah, I’m not patient but I didn’t want the people in the regular line to have a cow because they were there first so I waited, and waited.  I thought maybe they would wake up but they didn’t.  I had so many problems on my last cruise they probably didn’t want to deal with another one.  Me either.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, DaveOKC said:

Depending on how the line is setup, I would have just walked up when it was my turn.

The Club Orange line on my cruises has always been a separate line at the front desk and if there are four customer service stations serving the single shared line, one rep will step over to service the Club Orange customer.  It has not been an issue for me unless someone in front or beside me has a series of issues they are addressing.  Your turn is the next person in the CO line, I can’t imagine stepping over into the regular line, the next person in the regular line would certainly be upset.  They would think you were “cutting in”. Remember grade school?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:45 AM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yeah, I’m not patient but I didn’t want the people in the regular line to have a cow because they were there first so I waited, and waited.  I thought maybe they would wake up but they didn’t.  I had so many problems on my last cruise they probably didn’t want to deal with another one.  Me either.

Dealing with your problems IS their job!