Strangers on app bookings

HolsAddict

I'm sure it's to do with Sailor Loot which isn't showing on the app but when I go to book excursions 2 people I don't know show as options.

I have only $50 showing in Sailor loot but maybe it will be more once on board in November?

I'm a bit confused! 🤔

The strangers showing up are in the cabin that you referred or that referred you.  My app is completely crazy.  The amount of Sailor Loot I should have has always been wrong on the app.  It was right on the website until 2 days ago when I got another referral that didn't show up.  I have a screen shot of the website from when it was correct, have called VV and was told that what their computer shows agreed with my view on the website...and I've decided that if I get the last $50, that is great...if not, I'm tired of fighting with them.  But we will have an issue at the terminal/on board if they can't manage to find what their website shows!

Of course the app has been crazy about other things as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

The strangers showing up are in the cabin that you referred or that referred you.  My app is completely crazy.  The amount of Sailor Loot I should have has always been wrong on the app.  It was right on the website until 2 days ago when I got another referral that didn't show up.  I have a screen shot of the website from when it was correct, have called VV and was told that what their computer shows agreed with my view on the website...and I've decided that if I get the last $50, that is great...if not, I'm tired of fighting with them.  But we will have an issue at the terminal/on board if they can't manage to find what their website shows!

Of course the app has been crazy about other things as well.

OK, I have only referred 1 person but think he passed on my details. So if call them, there should be $150 sailor loot not just $50?

Thanks

I don't know--he could have added rooms with more than one person in them.  In that case, each person in the room would show up on your list.  The person you referred could have multiple people in the room.  Sailor's Loot for referrals are per cabin, not per person.  As far as I know, there is no way to look at the number of faces that show up on the app and figure out how many rooms used your referral info.

• Like 1

HolsAddict we are also on  the Valiant Lady 2/10 cruise and have seen the same thing when making restaurant reservations there are another dozen or so passengers listed that the app thinks I might want to make reservations with ?? Also hoping this is going to mean extra Sailors Loot as the app still only show $50 but have had an e-mail showing more . Will try and resolve once on board  . 

I was more concerned when it listed another couple as being my Cabin Mates along with my husband ! Thankfully that has changed now as I never managed to get through to VV about this issue . Lets hope we are all in for extra loot and a really great cruise ! 

@HolsAddict We connected for the loot. You will see people under sailor mates you can delete them from your contacts, unless you want to ping them onboard (to buy them a drink from the $50 loot lol). Deleting sailor mates doesn't affect the loot.

You are see extras because there is a bug/feature in Virgins system. If someone links with someone and they both chose a cheap don't allocate cabin until just before departure then it says they are cabin mates as they are in the same cabin number, which is "no cabin". Very irritating.