Bermuda Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation Update starting Oct. 25, 2022

dolphin1313

15 hours ago, Alwaysplanningatrip said:

She saidnit at her last news conference and in print the next day.

Those are my same sources, BUT nowhere in the Gazette article does it say "by November 25th the Travel Authorization will be history."  It does say the "TA Form to be phased out" but no specific date is stated and she was noncommittal on a date in the audio. The only two dates are:

"From October 25, the requirement for pre-arrival and pre-departure testing, arrival testing, and day-four testing for travellers will be dropped." and "The Government will be having further discussions regarding Bermuda’s travel entry requirements, taking into consideration what is appropriate and necessary in light of the ongoing pandemic. We will announce those decisions before 30 November.”

I think you are connecting dots that she declined to expressly connect.  While I hope you are right, I'm less sanguine on how this might unfold.

Edited by HuliHuli

19 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Those are my same sources, BUT nowhere in the Gazette article does it say "by November 25th the Travel Authorization will be history."  It does say the "TA Form to be phased out" but no specific date is stated and she was noncommittal on a date in the audio. The only two dates are:

"From October 25, the requirement for pre-arrival and pre-departure testing, arrival testing, and day-four testing for travellers will be dropped." and "The Government will be having further discussions regarding Bermuda’s travel entry requirements, taking into consideration what is appropriate and necessary in light of the ongoing pandemic. We will announce those decisions before 30 November.”

I think you are connecting dots that she declined to expressly connect.  While I hope you are right, I'm less sanguine on how this might unfold.

UPDATE AS OF 10/7....

When the controversial $40 Travel Authorisation form is scrapped at the end of next month there will be no further such payments, David Burt, the Premier, has said.

Confusion had remained over the issue after the Government announced the much criticised TA charge regime would go when the Covid-19 public health emergency ends on November 30.

At a press conference on the cost of living situation, Mr Burt said: “When the Travel Authorisation ends, I do believe that other targets will be met, there will not be any further payments.”

On 10/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, HuliHuli said:

Where did you acquire that understanding?  I've listened to the Health Ministers announcement and can't say I heard her say that.

She saidnit at her last news conference and in print the next day.