Bermuda Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation Update starting Oct. 25, 2022

dolphin1313

Bermuda updated their cruise travel webpage.  The top of the webpage has the the following update:

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test nor a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda.

The link is:

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My cruise arrives in Bermuda on October 25th at 8:00 AM 😁. Hopefully NCL takes it literally and doesn’t go off our embarkation date.

Huge relief! Last year when NCL was doing testing, I was so worried before my cruise about the test that I got sick from the stress. 

This is welcome news!   Hope Norwegian updates its policy to coincide with Bermuda’s change.   It would lift a big unknown / stressor to not worry about testing positive just before the sailing.   I suppose the only remaining stressor will be how to trim back on packing!   😁

Getting mixed signals from ncl they just called my husband, said still need covid test ?!🤪we arrive on the 25 th at 8 am in the joy . I will be checking this out with Bermuda & NCl they have so many issuers conveying accurate information, I may just test anyway to have our butts covered  and on embarkation day be ready  for what ever ! If they want the test we have it if they  don’t fine .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaPorchPup said:

Getting mixed signals from ncl they just called my husband, said still need covid test ?!🤪 .

If you are UNvaccinated, NCL is still requiring a medically supervised test. They are the only cruise line of the big 3 still requiring medically supervised testing of UNvaccinated even if the destination does not require it. 

If you are vaccinated, I expect that NCL will update the policy by next week and I do not expect that you will need a test. It took NCL 4 days to Update their web page to reflect Canada's changes. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mma__leanne said:

My cruise arrives in Bermuda on October 25th at 8:00 AM 😁. Hopefully NCL takes it literally and doesn’t go off our embarkation date.

Huge relief! Last year when NCL was doing testing, I was so worried before my cruise about the test that I got sick from the stress. 

Our cruise that includes a Canada port on October 4, but embarking September 29 (one day before the Canada protocols drop) still required all the documents and negative test. I hope yours is different! 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, njhorseman said:

People need to display some patience! Bermuda just announced this today. It will take a day or two for NCL to update their website with the new rules. NCL isn't going to make  vaccinated passengers take a test if the destination doesn't require one.

Agreed @njhorseman, but I just received a letter today from Ms. Katty Byrd, Sr. Vice President Guest Services, stating travel requirements for Bermuda that are inconsistent with what's posted at https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation I've written to her regarding the inconsistency and when I hear back, I'll post her comments.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Agreed @njhorseman, but I just received a letter today from Ms. Katty Byrd, Sr. Vice President Guest Services, stating travel requirements for Bermuda that are inconsistent with what's posted at https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation I've written to her regarding the inconsistency and when I hear back, I'll post her comments.

As I've said in other posts on this topic on the Bermuda board at least some cruise lines haven't caught up with the recent changes to Bermuda's protocols.

On its Sail Safe page, NCL says:

"With the relaxation of travel requirements around the world, we’re thrilled to welcome all guests back on our ships to cruise freely to the places they’ve been dreaming of – regardless of vaccination status and with no testing requirements. Destination specific requirements will still need to be met. 

Unfortunately NCL is among the cruise lines that haven't yet updated their websites and NCL still has the old Bermuda requirements listed on its page detailing requirements by country.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:05 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Now just waiting for them to stop this foolish $40 Bermuda authorization. 

I love Bermuda, but the $40 TA is a cash-grab, pure and simple. 

I'm looking at it as an increase in the port tax, which hopefully is temporary. I would imagine it's gone by some time in 2023, but I believe it's planned revenue for the government through the end of this year, so I wouldn't expect to see it dispensed with in 2022.

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Unfortunately NCL is among the cruise lines that haven't yet updated their websites and NCL still has the old Bermuda requirements listed on its page detailing requirements by country.

Agreed. And even worse than that, we received an email from NCL today specific to our Bermuda cruise on the Joy on November 12 attaching the letter from Katty Byrd mentioned above informing us of the Bermuda-specific requirements that still uses the chart of testing requirements that will not be in effect for our cruise. I think it’s inexcusable for NCL to send this stuff out. Most cruisers are not on Cruise Critic and will be really confused about what is actually required for our cruise. 

• Like 1

Our cruise ARRIVES at Bermuda ON Oct 25th @ 8am and we received the same letter.  It is heartening that NCL is more confused than the cruisers.  I can only hope the ship's navigation team is more competent.  With enough complaints, NCL can get their communications worked out and there will be NO TESTING.

This VACATION is supposed to be relaxing and recharging, it has been anything but.

It is my understanding that by November 25th the Travel Authorization will be history.  Now, they habe not decided the status of the $40 fee but there is immense pressure to end the fee.  In addition, there may (probably be replaced with) be a simpler immigration form required that could mirror one that was usd in the past.....just a pink form filled out manually.  These final details are supposed to be finalized by the end of November 2022.  There is an end in sight......but I won't guarantee the fee goes away.  (I pay it 3 times a year for air arrivals so I  keenly interested).

17 minutes ago, Alwaysplanningatrip said:

It is my understanding that by November 25th the Travel Authorization will be history. 

Where did you acquire that understanding?  I've listened to the Health Ministers announcement and can't say I heard her say that.

22 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is today's letter (mentioned above)

image.thumb.png.59165438f7d1e753b9474080b8837fcc.png

17 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Agreed. And even worse than that, we received an email from NCL today specific to our Bermuda cruise on the Joy on November 12 attaching the letter from Katty Byrd mentioned above informing us of the Bermuda-specific requirements that still uses the chart of testing requirements that will not be in effect for our cruise. I think it’s inexcusable for NCL to send this stuff out. Most cruisers are not on Cruise Critic and will be really confused about what is actually required for our cruise. 

As I've said in earlier posts, be patient and NCL will change its protocols. The ncl.com travel requirements by country have now now been updated to reflect the elimination of Bermuda's testing requirements effective for all sailings after October 25, 2022 .

Actually, even this isn't quite correct as Bermuda states no testing will be required for cruise travelers arriving October 25 onwards. The discrepancy only appears to affect one cruise, the Norwegian Joy's October 22 sailing, which arrives in Bermuda on October 25. Bermuda says no testing will be required, but NCL's version of the rules requires testing.