Bittersweet Pride Med cruise 10/01/

jimbo5544

We have been to many of these ports a number of times, and Naples certainly fits in that category.  During a stop here 6 years ago, we did our own excursion privately with Joey Bananas.  When we asked our group if they were interested in doing it and we would coordinate it in advance.  

Most were and we reserved 3 10 passenger vans for the Sorrento, Positano and Ravello with lunch at LaTagliata.  

With covid, and vaccination requirements changing during the time from originally making the reservation till sailing, the number of people going fluxed up and down till we ended up with 15.  
The night before we got to Naples a woman in our group (the only couple who had not paid the cost back to us)  came up to me and said they changed their mind, they were not going.  😵   I explained that the price had already been split by the number of people going (which made her 🫤).  Suddenly a couple walks up that we had met online and after  a brief discussion, they agree to take the place. 😅

This guy was the greeter on Lido aft greeting people as they came off the elevators.  In all our years of sailing Carnival, I have never met anyone as up eat as this guy.  If he could bottle his upbeat enthusiasm, I would buy a bottle.

A8AF63DD-A8CC-43B5-B8EB-7E9D219B7586.jpeg

• Like 1

We met our guide outside the restricted port area and he led us to a little bigger bus that held all of us.  Our guide Paulo spoke flawless English and our driver Francesco a classic Italian male. Great team.  We started out for Sorrento, a simply wonderful Italian town  ans one of our favorite places .  

On 10/16/2022 at 12:45 PM, jimbo5544 said:

So I am back to finish up with the review.  I have the last day, debark and trip home (now that is a story) to do. I apologize  upfront for the dump

and run, but pressing issues took priority (more on that later).  So where was I????

Impatiently waiting for the rest of your review.  I hope it is not like the Tootsie Pop commercial about how many licks it takes to get the the center of a Tootsie Pop, "the world may never know."

Hope you are getting things sorted out in Fort Myers.  It has to be hard.  We went through flooding of my parents house many years ago.  It was a terrible mess, every home in their area was flooded.  But this situation is a lot bigger and messier in FLorida.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, luv2trvlnow said:

Impatiently waiting for the rest of your review.  I hope it is not like the Tootsie Pop commercial about how many licks it takes to get the the center of a Tootsie Pop, "the world may never know."

Hope you are getting things sorted out in Fort Myers.  It has to be hard.  We went through flooding of my parents house many years ago.  It was a terrible mess, every home in their area was flooded.  But this situation is a lot bigger and messier in FLorida.

I now have some time and will be finishing the review.  Sorry foe the delay, been totally occupied. 

• Thanks 4