Blue Mountains from Sydney - recommendations

sequincruiser

Hi Phyllis

Just saw your post about Katoomba.  My husband John grew up in Katoomba so I can assist you with your plans for the Blue Mountains.   Trains run hourly and I suggest you will easily make the 9.18 train.  You do not have to book so should you miss that one you can get the 10.18 train.  Takes two hours for the trip up so the earlier you leave the better.  When you get to Katoomba there is a transportnsw bus that you can hop on and off to get to the different sites.  The bus is actually covered by the ticket you bought for the train.  You can use a contactless credit card.  Simply tap on.  It will take you all day to see the sites.  We can discuss further when we meet on the cruise.

We will be going to Central Station from White Bay terminal so perhaps we could arrange a van to take the seven of us.  Will your group have much luggage?  Perhaps you could email me.  We are happy to assist with your Aussie plans.  
Cheers Ros 🙂.  rosmerleg at hotmail dot com (usual format) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Sydney and loved every minute of it. I cannot say enough about the city and the people we met there. We did the Blue Mountain tour booked directly with Andersen tours it was a limited small group tour to only 20 people. They picked us up at our hotel which was one of the pick up points. Our guide got us to all the various look outs and rides at Scenic World before all the large crowds got there. Which made it seem at each stop it was only our little group was there. But I noticed that just as we would leave bigger busses, like 3 or 4, would start to arrive and massive amounts of people would pour out. The tour did include to go to a zoo which was nice to see all the native Australian animals and have a good photo taken with a Koala. The ferry ride is of a faster way to get back to the CBD area of Sydney than sitting in traffic and better views than sitting on the bus. It is the “fast ferry” which only had a few stops from where we go on before ending at Barangaroo where there are numerous restaurants and other things to see in Darling Harbor. We had dinner and walked around some before hopping another ferry to Circular Quay which was next to our hotel. I will say the Zoo on this tour is very small but will get you closer to the animals, after having done the Taronga Zoo where we walked over 6.75 miles just in side the zoo and we skipped the kids area. I would say it was worth it if you do not have a whole day to spend at the Taronga Zoo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1