Post Cruise Hotel

Sue1260

Hope someone can answer my question. I'm booked on the Joy out of New York to Bermuda it sails Oct 29 returns Nov 5th. We just decided we wanted to stay in New York for another day. So called NCL for post cruise hotel that's listed on their website. The hotel is Marriott Marque in Time Square price is quite a lot lower that I can find on any travel site. When I called NCL to add hotel was told I have to reserve post cruise hotel 75 days ahead of cruise. Nowhere can I find this policy on their website. Never was told all reservations are gone or it's not available. They just state 75 days in advance. I can't understand time constraints we don't even need the transfer to hotel because we will have our own car parked at Port. Has anyone encountered this or can anyone give me insight to this policy?

1 hour ago, Sue1260 said:

When I called NCL to add hotel was told I have to reserve post cruise hotel 75 days ahead of cruise. Nowhere can I find this policy on their website. Never was told all reservations are gone or it's not available. They just state 75 days in advance.

They're probably quoting the policy as it relates to deviation requests for air travel.  I'm not sure why they would do that with airfare not in play.

On the website when I click on hotels and transfers it takes me to a page that states "Extend your vacation with a pre or post cruise hotel."  So I click on port city I'm sailing from New York and the Marriott pops up 229.  a night call us for reservation. It's a NCL number but I have spoken to 4 different people and get 4 different answers why I can't book hotel. It just seemed a little deceptive to me no where in policy's could I find time frames or anything about it selling out. But now that I know marathon is that weekend I'm not going to stay. I'm afraid everything will be over crowded.  And who knows if bus tour I wanted to take will be able to access everything because of street closures. 

2 hours ago, Sue1260 said:

On the website when I click on hotels and transfers it takes me to a page that states "Extend your vacation with a pre or post cruise hotel."  So I click on port city I'm sailing from New York and the Marriott pops up 229.  a night call us for reservation. It's a NCL number but I have spoken to 4 different people and get 4 different answers why I can't book hotel. It just seemed a little deceptive to me no where in policy's could I find time frames or anything about it selling out. But now that I know marathon is that weekend I'm not going to stay. I'm afraid everything will be over crowded.  And who knows if bus tour I wanted to take will be able to access everything because of street closures. 

As someone noted just be aware that's $229 per person per night.  So actual price is $458 per night.

43 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Its very exciting to be in New York Marathon weekend. We used to do it all the time and go to a show ( which the marathoners are not doing! and book a restaurant for dinner. You can stand on the Avenue and cheer them on. I say go for it. 

I mentioned it’s marathon weekend to make them aware of hotel costs, might be hard to find one under $600. My family is planning on going into the city for the marathon, my niece is running, and it’s probably easy to avoid the route if not interested.

41 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

There are numerous hotels available in Manhattan in the $400-500 range. Intercontinental Mid Town East, Best Western Herald Square, several on the Lower East Side. Not cheap but good locations.

I checked one of them, $550 after $75 taxes and fees (just booked a room in Boston for Saturday (actually Brookline), a pretty penny after taxes and fees (but under $500). That’s how they get you!

21 minutes ago, Sue1260 said:

Nope website states double occupancy 

Yes double occupancy but price is per person.    I've experienced this first hand.  Tried to book and price was twice what's stated.  If you've booked one of these in the past and know differently I will stand corrected.  I find it very sneaky advertising...

Edited by davencl
  • Thanks 1

We booked a room at: Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park 100 Route 46 East Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660 USA +1 201-641-2900

The price of the room including tax is: $331. This charge includes, Breakfast the next morning, transportation to and from the port, and parking for the entire week. They also have a shuttle to take you to NYC the night before if you want to take in a show or restaurant and they will bring you back to your hotel. I can't find anything that has a better price with all that's included. We don't have to deal with driving into the city the day of the cruise and we don't have to deal with the pier's parking charges. 

34 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We booked a room at: Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park 100 Route 46 East Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660 USA +1 201-641-2900

The price of the room including tax is: $331. This charge includes, Breakfast the next morning, transportation to and from the port, and parking for the entire week. They also have a shuttle to take you to NYC the night before if you want to take in a show or restaurant and they will bring you back to your hotel. I can't find anything that has a better price with all that's included. We don't have to deal with driving into the city the day of the cruise and we don't have to deal with the pier's parking charges. 

The OP is looking for a hotel in Manhattan the night they disembark.

3 hours ago, uneamie said:

I decided not to stay extra day. I have stayed at that exact hotel few years ago. But this time we are driving up morning of cruise and have reserved parking across street from pier for 20. a day

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sue1260 said:

I decided not to stay extra day. I have stayed at that exact hotel few years ago. But this time we are driving up morning of cruise and have reserved parking across street from pier for 20. a day

Is that here https://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml because it comes out close to $40 if your vehicle if a small suv or bigger. It’s definitely more than $20 a day, and they drive you back and forth.

12 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Is that here https://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml because it comes out close to $40 if your vehicle if a small suv or bigger. It’s definitely more than $20 a day, and they drive you back and forth.

I think that is garage that's next to peir. This garage is right across the street. We have wheeled luggage and will have no problem pulling it across street then I can stand at exit wait for hubby to bring car down.

Just now, Sue1260 said:

I think that is garage that's next to peir. This garage is right across the street. We have wheeled luggage and will have no problem pulling it across street then I can stand at exit wait for hubby to bring car down.

Already booked parking and got conformation email.