Help to Understand Final Account

Tedferg

Our onboard port Account showed more refundable OBC than I calculated. We had $100 each promotional and I had $100 Military, leaving $100 Refundable.

I was a little confused because we had two cancelled Princess Excursions that I had pre-booked using OBC. I naively thought Princess had made Excursion credit as refundable, because we did not have opportunity to book new ones. Announcement said, 'No Need to go to Passenger Services - credits will be automatically applied to your account'. As I now think about it, I assume Excursions are not charged to account until they are taken, so no need for charge/credit.

DW had a $74.90 credit for 'Prepaid Shorex' but that did not match either pre-paid Excursions.

There is also a 'Folio to Folio Transfer' that shows as a credit in my account and debit in DW account, so net zero. Don't know what that was.

During final few days Refundable OBC still showed $215. Plus, Non-refundable. I expected $100 Military plus $26 port charges for missed ports thanks to Fiona. DW bought some items on the basis of use-it-or-lose-it.

Account on final day still showed $215 Refundable. Post cruise email shows $215 as 'referred to Corporate Finance', good job DW did not go on a last-minute spending spree 🙂

Since the prepaid excursions were from OBC then it should have returned to OBC. Unfortunately that was something that should have been checked before you got off the ship. If you were credited the wrong amount for the cancellation it would have to be corrected by the Shore Excursion desk. Not really sure if anyone can do anything now.

Folio to folio is just moving one spouse's balance to the other's folio so they are both on one account. "Referred to corporate finance" is the amount you will get in a check. Takes about 8 weeks. Comes in a plain white envelope. Does NOT say Princess anywhere on the envelope. Be careful you don't throw it away with the junk mail.

47 minutes ago, adstz said:

Since the prepaid excursions were from OBC then it should have returned to OBC. Unfortunately that was something that should have been checked before you got off the ship. If you were credited the wrong amount for the cancellation it would have to be corrected by the Shore Excursion desk. Not really sure if anyone can do anything now.

Folio to folio is just moving one spouse's balance to the other's folio so they are both on one account. "Referred to corporate finance" is the amount you will get in a check. Takes about 8 weeks. Comes in a plain white envelope. Does NOT say Princess anywhere on the envelope. Be careful you don't throw it away with the junk mail.

Thaks for the update, I thought 'refer to corporate finance' meant something is odd please check this. Regarding the excursions, I pre-booked them and OBC was applied. I don't think I looked at account onboard until late in the cruise and so don't know if they were applied and then credited to onboard portfolio.

Spirlo - both accounts are combined and resolved at end of voyage, so one OBC can be applied to the other's account.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1