Non-Ship excursions at Harvest Caye?

Jayhawk

So I booked a cruise without doing my full research and didn't realize our Belize stop was in Harvest Caye (NCL's private island). We were really looking forward to cave tubing with Yhony again. We don't normally do ship excursions....any suggestions on things to do outside of what is offered through the ship? Are there any private shore excursions? Has anyone done the ship "river tubing" and is it worth it?  Thanks in advance!

Some good snorkeling excursions out of Placencia.  Be a bit wary of river/ cave tubing or Mayan ruins excursions from non-ship excursions as these are a fair distance from Harvest Caye.  Doable but depends on your ship's time in port and length of excursion.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, crewsweeper said:

Some good snorkeling excursions out of Placencia.  Be a bit wary of river/ cave tubing or Mayan ruins excursions from non-ship excursions as these are a fair distance from Harvest Caye.  Doable but depends on your ship's time in port and length of excursion.

Any idea where we can go for those excursions or how to find out more? 

17 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Right but how do you get to Placenia? I don't see any NCL excursions to leave Harvest Caye that aren't through the ship. Someone mentioned a ferry but I can't find that either?