Sep 20 Canada New England

Tedferg

Twice cancelled bucket list cruise - Canada - New England NYC to Quebec, Carribean Princess.

I was always suspicious of weather on this itinerary, but CC posters said, 'No Problem'. Then came Fiona 😞

NYC was wonderful as was Quebec, Boston poured with rain all day. Bar Harbor, St Johns, Sydney, Charlotteville cancelled. Halifax OK but excursions cancelled.

Substitutions Sept Iles, dreadful, Saguenay, charming. 25% FCC as compensation, very reasonable.

First time OV versus Balcony, supposed to be one sea day, turned out to be three, but cabin still OK. E416 with easy access to Plaza. $1400 less than Balcony.

I have a small, multi pocket, carry on, very convenient. At New York pier the porter said, 'Let me put the little one on too'. I had luggage tag on it and almost said 'OK' but decided to carry it. I then remembered it had passports and all documents in it. Could very easily have let it disappear with rest of luggage.

Formal nights were second night and one week later - I had booked Specialty for what I expected Formal to be, so went to MDR on Formal with just a short sleeve shirt and Dockers but did not feel out of place.

Crew was fantastic, food was fine both MDR and Buffet. Reservations in MDR worked well. Island DR was closed so my pre cruise reservations disappeared, went to Dine Line at lunch first day and they moved reservations to Coral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the from August 31 (NYC to Quebec City) and return Sept 10 (Quebec City to NYC) back in NYC on Sept 20.  We had only one stop cancelled for the 20 days -   so sorry that you had so many.

This is a nice cruise as you get a lot of stops and very few sea days.

this also was on our bucket list -