Any Recent Experience with My Time Dinning on Harmony of The Seas?

I have not cruised in 9 years, and this is our first time selecting My Time Dinning. We are cruising with total of 6 family members 3 separate reservations. What time does the My Time Dinning room open? I know it suggests reservations but earliest reservation is 7:15 PM. The whole point to my time is flexibility. All our reservations are linked so my sister in law can make reservation for all of us. I am hoping because she is a Diamond Plus member maybe earlier times show up for her. Any recent experiences would be appreciated.

We cruised Harmony 9-11 to 9-18-22. My Time was lined up out the door and down the hall. We thought maybe first night was bad but it will get better, but NO. A couple of nights we walked by, looked at the line and went to the Windjammer!

We sailed Harmony in March, and this was one of our biggest complaints - granted our first time on Royal, so we were learning the way things worked for them. The line the first night was awful, and we had reservations. Didn't know you could reserve ahead for MTD, they were just on our app and we couldn't change them. But since the line was snaking down the hall we didn't know there was a shorter one for those with reservations and stood in the wrong line from the time we got off the elevator. Oops. They "hid" the signs for each line up by the podiums, not near the entrance/elevator where people were.

I like Carnival's way of just "checking-in" on the app/requesting the table at your leisure when you're ready. And then you show up when they say your table is ready. So much better! But everything else on Royal was great so we're converts to Royal from Carnival despite bad MTD.

We did My Time for years but after the Harmony changed the way they handle it we went back to Traditional several years ago and never looked back.

There used to be a dining specifically saved for just My Time dining but now they use that dining room to also seat the first wave of early Traditional diners.  This is the reason you cannot get a My Time reservation before 6:30-7:00pm (if you are lucky).

Every single night when we would come out of early traditional dining the lines for My Time was out the dining room doors and down the hall way past the elevators…..on both sides!!!

My suggestion it to change to Traditional if you can!!

On 10/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, love2snorkel said:

I have not cruised in 9 years, and this is our first time selecting My Time Dinning. We are cruising with total of 6 family members 3 separate reservations. What time does the My Time Dinning room open? I know it suggests reservations but earliest reservation is 7:15 PM. The whole point to my time is flexibility. All our reservations are linked so my sister in law can make reservation for all of us. I am hoping because she is a Diamond Plus member maybe earlier times show up for her. Any recent experiences would be appreciated.

Your SIL's status won't get her an earlier reservation on line than what is showing as available for everyone.    Once on board, the staff will do what they can to accommodate your preferred time, luckily regardless of C&A status.    They really do try to accommodate EVERYONE.  I suggest someone in your group see the Maitre D  early the first afternoon.    

Be prepared to wait in line some evenings, even with a reservation.   The line is LONG, but it moves fairly quickly.  Just a FYI - one evening the NON reservation line was shorter than the reservation line.  We got in the shorter line. 

have a good cruise 

M