Deluxe balcony cabin on Iona

Jennizor

45 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I am going to book a short cruise to the Fjords for next July. Can someone (possibly Graham) recommend a good position for a deluxe balcony on the port side? Thanks in advance.

Any particular reason for choosing port over starboard ?

15 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Not really, It has just become a habit. Are you thinking there are better options on one side than the other.

Since the bed position is different in adjacent cabins on both sides, I never really know which side I am on until I look outside.

My deluxe balcony on Iona was the same width as a normal balcony and a bit longer plus a slightly larger balcony. What I think is more important is what the furniture layout is. Cabins in the centre of the bulge have larger balconies but not as large as some normal 'corner' balconies

Layout one - bathroom/sofa/bed/balcony

Layout two - bathroom/bed/sofa/balcony

There are roughly equal numbers of each

42 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Not really, It has just become a habit. Are you thinking there are better options on one side than the other.

No, just being nosey !

I didn't think there was any benefit in one side or the other,  so was interested as to why you wanted the port side. 

There have been more occasions when we had a land view coming into port from even numbered cabins. The best off all when we sailed into New York and watched from the balcony as the Statue of Liberty came into view.  It was brilliant. 

We had a cruise on iona this July and had a extended balcony 11515 on starboard side and at Olden was able to watch the famous sail away from the locals from our balcony.Also at Hellesylt woke up to the beautiful waterfall so maybe on this cruise starboard maybe more favorable perhaps.we throughly enjoyed this trip.

1 hour ago, Just 47 said:

We had a cruise on iona this July and had a extended balcony 11515 on starboard side and at Olden was able to watch the famous sail away from the locals from our balcony.Also at Hellesylt woke up to the beautiful waterfall so maybe on this cruise starboard maybe more favorable perhaps.we throughly enjoyed this trip.

Thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated.

2 hours ago, amfc_lenny said:

We were speaking to a lady at the future cruise desk the other week.

iona has some front facing deluxe balcony’s but will steel front and there are some aft with glass balconies as well

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Why not go on the back (aft) great views of both sides or where you have been and with a deluxe balcony a very large balcony.

Thank you both. All I need is some time to speak to our TA, hopefully tomorrow.