2023 Open Dates Questions and answers

Joseph2017China

So, we know this is a unique two ship company, but looks to have some interesting trips, but has very little info posted with recent experiences.  I booked on it because I wanted to go on the old "Song of America" as a surprise trip, and did book it.  But finding certain info on the experience, and what to do and not to do is really hard.  So, this is an open, question and answer thread for all trips in 2023 regardless of sail date so that info can be shared.  

First question I have - is it better to take a taxi from Athens hotel if staying a few days, or is there hotel recommendations at the port?  I don't want to have a boring evening.

Yes.  First, do stay a few days to see some of Athens.  And a taxi is about the best way to get there unless you want to deal with your luggage on the express bus or the metro.  After the metro stop there is still some walking to do to the port.

On the taxi be sure to get the price before getting in the taxi.  The hotel can arrange one for you.

If you go to you tube you can find some older reviews of the ships if you do a search for them.

55 minutes ago, travelingman said:

Yes.  First, do stay a few days to see some of Athens.  And a taxi is about the best way to get there unless you want to deal with your luggage on the express bus or the metro.  After the metro stop there is still some walking to do to the port.

On the taxi be sure to get the price before getting in the taxi.  The hotel can arrange one for you.

If you go to you tube you can find some older reviews of the ships if you do a search for them.

That was fast.  Saw some older reviews....and they were good.  The 3 day on the Olympia is just a part of the trip...My app shows that the cruise line could arrange a taxi, but no details on it.  Heck, most items on the app have no details, or pictures.  

Anyone gone on the ship, purchased a "cake" or got a cheese plate, or a specialty meal, and what was it like.  This is an anniversary going on the honeymoon ship, but full well know it is really different now.  

What about any excussions from the ship, in particular those that include dinner and entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the Celestyal website, especially for the 2023 sailings, is very lacking in information. I finally called them to see if they will be offering the 3 Continent cruise next year and I was advised they would. When I asked why there is nothing on the website about it or to book, I was told they are making many changes to the website, so not everything is updated yet. That was almost a week ago and as of today, there is still nothing. If anyone is interested in watching a great review of the 3 Continent cruise, go to YouTube and look up EECC Travels. They did the cruise in 2019 and did a great job of making me feel like I had gone with them.

I noticed that now, the changed the drinks again.  I'm already booked, and my reservation says that I have the basic drinks package which is simple mixed drinks, beer on tap and some wine.  I noticed it is changed now so that when you book, you have two choices.  A cruise, with only no drinks, and a tour OBC and than the other with a drinks at dinner only and more money for a tour package and an option to upgrade the drinks to premium.  Seems like they are going away from "all inclusive"  Seems like you now pay for "all inclusive".  At Least I have my beer all day.

I also contacted them about the lack of 2023 information on their website.  I also read somewhere that they have appointed a new company to revamp their website so I expect that is what is going on.

They were there a little while back but disappeared when we went to book.  I think also they are changing their pricing structure to different levels of inclusivity which might be another reason.

We contacted a TA though and they were able to book 2023 for us.  We were keen as we wanted a particular cabin grade and itinerary.

Booking via a TA was interesting as well.  I was surprised how long it took to get a response from them and we tried several of our usual ones.  I wonder if during the pandemic they let a lot of staff go and so now are struggling with the demand or maybe it is just busy with lots of people wanting to get away.

For what it's worth,
We booked our cruise back in June, and they informed us back then that they hired a company to revamp their website, and it would be one to two weeks before it was running normally.  Almost 5 months later...we still hear that when we call them. 

They have to be getting tired of hearing from us.  We call them anytime we have questions about something on the website that we are interested in that brings up a blank link when we click on it. 
Hopefully it gets fixed soon...ish?