Arcadia NORTHERN LIGHTS Live Blog

On 10/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

On the subject  of current on board " Entertainment ". Underwhelming!! As a rule I don't like Musicals,Trebute acts. So we are avoiding  the theatre this cruise. We do like to relax both pre- post dinner in the Piano bar, we have an excellent waiter who keeps an eye out for us table wise. But a couple of nights this has been a little off putting, because P &O has put a Guitar busker/ singer in there. It is to our mind a Piano bar. Moan over

Who is the guitar player/singer in the Piano Bar?

4 hours ago, Palaceman said:

Who is the guitar player/singer in the Piano Bar?

Reply,  According to the Horizon daily sheet. He goes by the name "Busker Bradley"......In my opinion .. he should stay performing in london on the Tube!!!  when he does say something between songs, he mumbles. Sadly he was in Piano bar on last night of cruise,  he emptied the lounge too.

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Probably,  although the price would gave been cheaper at launch.

For a true comparison you need to be looking at a P&O  Deluxe balcony cabin, plus drink packages, plus wifi package.  Oh, and add in the price of a couple of speciality meals as well.

Just out of interest I had a quick look at a 14 night cruise on Azura this December as a comparison. Standard Balcony select fare is £2149pp. Add 14 nights drinks package at £560 (£39.95pppd) plus 14 nights WiFi at say £200 plus 4 meals in a speciality restaurant at say £120 plus 4 paid excursions at say £160. That totals £3089. So in essence it's still cheaper than Saga but not by a huge amount and that does not factor in the convenience of the chauffer service from home to ship.

I'm not a rose-tinted spectacles person. I like to look in detail at the product being offered and the value of the overall package. Based on my recent experience I will be seriously considering Saga for any future cruises

4 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Just out of interest I had a quick look at a 14 night cruise on Azura this December as a comparison. Standard Balcony select fare is £2149pp. Add 14 nights drinks package at £560 (£39.95pppd) plus 14 nights WiFi at say £200 plus 4 meals in a speciality restaurant at say £120 plus 4 paid excursions at say £160. That totals £3089. So in essence it's still cheaper than Saga but not by a huge amount and that does not factor in the convenience of the chauffer service from home to ship.

I'm not a rose-tinted spectacles person. I like to look in detail at the product being offered and the value of the overall package. Based on my recent experience I will be seriously considering Saga for any future cruises

And, the Saga included drinks now includes all top shelf brands as well, if that is important to you.

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

Isn't the Azura cruise a fly cruise from     £2 , 850 for 2 people in a select balcony that includes £650 OBC?.