Lamanai & The New River Safari || private tour or through RC?

leksi25

Hi,

I'm a first time cruiser. My boyfriend and I are interested in doing the above tour in belize on march 28th, 2006. Because of how long the cruise is, should we book through the cruise line or privately.

if privately, can anyone recommend a tour operator?

Thanks,

Aleksandra

Since this is an all-day excursion and a tender port, I highly recommend just booking through RCCL. We did this tour through NCL and were very satisfied.

Before I booked with NCL, I did a little research. The price difference between NCL and private operators was about $10. I figured my piece of mind was worth $10. The ship will delay departure for its own late excursions BUT if you are on a private excusion and there is a delay - you are on your own - the ship does NOT wait. We arrived back at the port on-time to catch the 2nd last tender. I would have been getting nervous if I had been with a private operator.

Hi,

I'm a first time cruiser. My boyfriend and I are interested in doing the above tour in belize on march 28th, 2006. Because of how long the cruise is, should we book through the cruise line or privately.

if privately, can anyone recommend a tour operator?

Thanks,

Aleksandra

We did this excursion throuh Royal Caribbean in 2004. The boat ran out of gas within sight of the bus back. They had spare gas and eventually got the boat going again, but I would have been VERY WORRIED if this was a private excursion.

Also, I have seen people recommend a private tour operator for cave tubing in Belize because the group

you go with is much smaller than going on the ship's tour. With this tour that is not a consideration. The ship's tour is also small, the maximum is the number that fits in the motorboat.

Archived