Carnival Advice Needed

I'm usually a Princess cruiser, but got carried away and just booked 3 Carnival cruises. My first is the inaugural Luminosa in a month's time. It's fully paid and looking at Carnival Australia website, I should be able to Check-in online 3 months before sail date to set up personal details, onboard account, select embarkation times, print documents etc. However, from what I can see when I go into my cruise, appears I can't do anything until 2 week's before (23 October). Does this sound right? I'm keen to select an embarkation time. Appreciate any advice (and also whether the App is a useful tool to have). Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Thanks for that advice. Good to know. 

I found the Princess App very handy on the Coral. Do you think the Carnival one is necessary?

Yes I believe so. I prefer not to use my phone on cruises, but from what I have read you need it to reserve breakfast in the restaurant now, and more details on the daily schedule (Fun Times).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Yes I believe so. I prefer not to use my phone on cruises, but from what I have read you need it to reserve breakfast in the restaurant now, and more details on the daily schedule (Fun Times).

You don’t HAVE to use the app. You can just turn up at the restaurant for breakfast. The will bring you a paper menu in the dining room IF you ask for it. They no longer produce the "Fun Times" but a double sided A4 sheet of "What's Happening" is available from Guess Services as well as some bars and cafes upon request. 

During our recent transpacific on the Carnival Splendor there was a big push for passengers to use the app but some of us (myself included) resisted. My phone was in Australia! About halfway through the cruise the app stopped working so everyone had to resort to paper. 😁

• Like 2

@Sparky74 What time is the "What's Happening" available to be picked up from Guest Services? Could I get this like old times the night before, by walking past Guest Services before bed, so I can mark things off for the next day? Or is it only available the next morning?

4 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

@Sparky74 What time is the "What's Happening" available to be picked up from Guest Services? Could I get this like old times the night before, by walking past Guest Services before bed, so I can mark things off for the next day? Or is it only available the next morning?

We asked our room steward if he could drop off a copy each night but this was very hit and miss. (They’ve also reduced servicing the rooms to only once a day.) I managed to pick up a copy from Guess Services from about 5am, I didn’t try earlier than that. 

• Thanks 1

Love this Carnival had a issue with bar code now its my problem! JUST REPRINT your bording pass ... well no .... do not have a printer in my car .can't wait for bording time. Also seem to want cert covid test ?

Screenshot_20221008-171711_Gmail.thumb.jpg.af86b4ed04039ef6bf578130126f74aa.jpg