Scooter

ccr1956

My husband will be renting an electric scooter for our upcoming cruise. Our travel agent says we can park it outside our cabin by the stairs. We don't have room to park it in our cabin. Has anyone had experience with this, will they let you park it outside the cabin? Thanks.

From the Accessibility section of the FAQ's on NCL.com:

"All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Due to the safety and escape way requirements established by SOLAS regulations, they cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or any other public area."

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#mobility-challenges

• Like 2

Were you not able to get a handicap accessible room? Obviously that would be the best solution. IMO NCL does a fantastic job with their accommodations for disabilities.

Talk to NCL and see what they can do (prob depends on ship, cabin location). You may be able to keep the scooter at guest services, or talk to your cabin attendant. This has worked for my mom in the past when she was not able to get a ha cabin.

‘The other thing I’d note is to make sure you have a plan for embark and disembark. The scooter will be left in your cabin, and you just leave it there when you disembark, but then that person doesn’t have a scooter to use at the pier. 
Disembark usually not too bad; you’ll be given a location to meet for disembark assistance and (eventually) somebody will wheel you off….but make sure guest services knows in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Melday, you can go to scootaround dot com and rent a scooter for your sister.  If you use the discount code USCRUISE you can get 15% off your rental.  I'm renting one for my upcoming 11-day cruise for just over $200.