Double cruise next vouchers when booking with ncl.com

A quick word of warning. NCLs webinterface allows you in the payment step before booking the cruise to add two cruise next vouchers to the booking and reflects the discount accordingly. If you believe you just have to pay the remaining balance as calculated you might be wrong. I did it for a cruise in November. The booking went through but with an error and neither credit card nor second CN voucher got applied. Third and final response from NCL is that for a cruise at that time no double cruise next promotion is running and a second CN voucher won't get applied. They now expect to pay the whole outstanding balance with just one CN voucher applied per credit card.

Obviously my fault how could I expect with that screen to expect that two CN vouchers will get applied 🤡

20221005_13h40m58s_grim.png

It’s not clear from the picture you uploaded, but it looks as though you are booking an inside cabin (and you say it is for November).

The usual offer, which I think is current, is that you need to book a balcony or above more than six months in advance to be able to use two vouchers.

8 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

It’s not clear from the picture you uploaded, but it looks as though you are booking an inside cabin (and you say it is for November).

The usual offer, which I think is current, is that you need to book a balcony or above more than six months in advance to be able to use two vouchers.

Correct. And that is what NCL says. I don't even doubt it. But then don't show the customer that two are getting applied to exactly that booking. And even worse don't let the booking go through and get created and then tell him to put in more new money than promised.

I am really awestruck that NCL doesn't feel ashamed and just apologizes for their screw up. It is not that they have an obvious error fare for something that really costs them money.

When I booked a cruise a few months ago, their web interface let me apply a $250 Cruise Next certificate AND a $300 Cruise First certificate.  Since it let me try it, I did it.  And it actually processed the transaction accurately.  A couple weeks later, they sent me an email indicating this was not permitted and they removed one of them.  I can't recall which one they removed.  But at least they notified me about it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

When I booked a cruise a few months ago, their web interface let me apply a $250 Cruise Next certificate AND a $300 Cruise First certificate.  Since it let me try it, I did it.  And it actually processed the transaction accurately.  A couple weeks later, they sent me an email indicating this was not permitted and they removed one of them.  I can't recall which one they removed.  But at least they notified me about it.

Interesting that this has been going on for a while now. Even with different types of vouchers.

The silly thing with the interface is that it won't let you apply more than two "promo vouchers" at a time.  I had a 10% promo and two CND's on my account, once I applied the 10% it locked out the second CND once I applied one.  The website DOES have logic for certain lock-outs but for some reason the double-up (or preventing it) is not working right.

For clarity - I WAS actually booking a Studio and had just passed the 6 months until sailing mark) but the only thing preventing the attempt to use two CND's was that I also applied the 10% voucher.

Edited by hallux

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I just booked a balcony 5 months out and was given that bad news too. Cruise next desk had said balcony and above, the six months is a long time to be guaranteed use of our money, lol.