Discovery Princess stateroom plugs

trbarton

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Anyone know or have photos of the plugs in a balcony stateroom on the Discovery Princess?

This is a picture from the desk area in Discovery Princess standard balcony cabin S222.

By the way, that device on the right-hand side of the desk is a port expander I bought to fit into the European E/F type electrical outlet, which leaves the 2 existing US type outlets free while adding 2 more and 3 USB charging ports. Also works great for hotels when travelling in Europe. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da1b0846b84cefe77c57b259f3dc64d8.jpeg

Euro E-F type.png

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
correct posting error
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

This is a picture from the desk area in Discovery Princess standard balcony cabin S222.

By the way, that device on the right-hand side of the desk is a port expander I bought to fit into the European E/F type electrical outlet, which leaves the 2 existing US type outlets free while adding 2 more and 3 USB charging ports. Also works great for hotels when travelling in Europe. 

Euro E-F type.png

Where can I buy that?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Where can I buy that?  Thanks.

I bought it on amazon. Here's a link.

Tessan Euro E/F outlet expander

There are others that are similar with different configurations, but I've always found this worked best for the most different outlet locations. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Euro E-F type.png

Thanks for the photo’s. Do the bedside lamps also have a USB?  

Tom😀

Question about shipboard European-style plugs: I know if I want to use a US appliance with a European-style plug, I need to use an adapter for the plug. My question is do I also need a converter (to dial down the electricity) while on the ship? 

4 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Question about shipboard European-style plugs: I know if I want to use a US appliance with a European-style plug, I need to use an adapter for the plug. My question is do I also need a converter (to dial down the electricity) while on the ship? 

Depends on the appliance that you intend to plug into it.  The appliance needs to have dual voltage capability in order to not need an converter.  If it takes 110 only then you need a converter.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

If you look at the adapter that I posted you’ll see the voltages that it will accept. Up to 230 volts. 

Tom😀

• Like 1