Bliss NYC Lease

CruiseBunny425

I am gonna preface this with this is NOT a place to air your feelings on migrants and/or politics. That said, anyone else worried about their Bliss cruises getting cancelled if NYC gets to lease out the ship for at least 6 months for migrants? I was really looking forward to my birthday cruise in April and crossing Alaska off the bucket list. Now I am worried I will get a cancellation letter. Will I get it now? Closer to sailing? Will they offer me credit for inconveniencing me to pay the difference to go in May? Wish they would donate money instead of a ship!!  

I think the Bliss rumor got started because a local Staten Island paper published an article about NCL negotiations with the City AND that article included a photo of the Bliss, implying falsely that it was docked off Staten Island.  The reporter must have grabbed a stock photo and named the wrong ship, since the Bliss was in Alaska that day.  The NCL ship that had actually been docked off Staten Island overnight was just waiting out the hurricane before heading to Florida.  It looked to me like the reporter put several assumptions together and came up with a false conclusion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiseBunny425 said:

I am gonna preface this with this is NOT a place to air your feelings on migrants and/or politics. That said, anyone else worried about their Bliss cruises getting cancelled if NYC gets to lease out the ship for at least 6 months for migrants? I was really looking forward to my birthday cruise in April and crossing Alaska off the bucket list. Now I am worried I will get a cancellation letter. Will I get it now? Closer to sailing? Will they offer me credit for inconveniencing me to pay the difference to go in May? Wish they would donate money instead of a ship!!  

At one time we were concerned as we have the Bliss booked for a cruise in mid November.  Then I did a google search and quickly realized that the genesis of this was a report put out by NY Post relying on an unnamed source.  There have been other news reports both on tv and the internet,  all referencing the NY Post article.  I think at least 4 threads similar to this one have already been removed.  If the mods at cruise critic thought that this was a legitimate possibility I think they will leave it up and let us discuss it.  At this point it appears to me to be a rumor at best. 

• Thanks 1