internet reliability on Mexican Rivera cruise

sunsetme

Also check the report from LIVE from Royal Princess sailing Sept 24 - (3 day Coastal) followed by Sept 27- (12 Day Mexico) for the Royal which just completed the Pacific coastal and Mexican Rivera 

Unfortunately, very bad reports as well...

A far cry from the "stream your favorite shows, movies, music and sports" and "best internet at sea" that Padgett is peddling.

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

See the live report on the Sapphire Princess Sept 24 sailing.  In it, the internet in Mex Riv got bad marks.

2 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

just got back on the Sapphire it was abysmal (although another cruiser on that voyage thought it was good)...on the Majestic in Jan (30% full or less it was great)...

1 hour ago, symui said:

Also check the report from LIVE from Royal Princess sailing Sept 24 - (3 day Coastal) followed by Sept 27- (12 Day Mexico) for the Royal which just completed the Pacific coastal and Mexican Rivera 

Unfortunately, very bad reports as well...

I'm disappointed and somewhat confused by these reports (but thanks for the TL,DRs).  I got a consistent 3-6 Mbps up and down on the Majestic in April, which was good enough to stream TV shows and movies.  Granted, this was a California coastal that only went as far south as Ensenada that sailed 70-ish percent full.  But even given the many factors that obviously favored me on my cruise that have turned unsatisfactory on the cruises of others just a few months later... I struggle to understand what has happened.😵