Pre-boarding covid test policy

alc13

@Underwatr I think I’ve posted this before…but…here it is again. In August we sailed on Celebrity. From the website there was a link to emed (?). I assume Celebrity is getting a cut of the price, or if they aren’t they aren’t as smart as I thought. Cunard could do the same thing. I used my ipad for the observed test. It took 20 to 30 minutes. Was super easy. When you log into the site it asks for the cruise line, ship, and sailing dates. You get both an email and notification on the mobile app of the results with all the information you need. We’ve all spent more time than needed to solve this.

Thanks everyone for your practical suggestions. I've been practicing and it seems that my screenshots and photos are date and time stamped  automatically, so that should work (can't  afford to buy a watch like Underwatr's!).

On a broader theme, this seems to show that Cunard are clearly now relying on people's honesty about testing. As has been pointed out, the photos may be manipulated, and there's no way of actually proving that the RAT in your photo is yours and not some other passenger's.

I'll be interested in seeing how many passengers are actually asked to show their RAT photos at embarkation.  My notice from Cunard says that I "may be asked to show appropriate proof".  The "may"  allows a lot of wriggle room and discretion. 

1 hour ago, BrisbaneR said:

Thanks everyone for your practical suggestions. I've been practicing and it seems that my screenshots and photos are date and time stamped  automatically, so that should work (can't  afford to buy a watch like Underwatr's!).

On a broader theme, this seems to show that Cunard are clearly now relying on people's honesty about testing. As has been pointed out, the photos may be manipulated, and there's no way of actually proving that the RAT in your photo is yours and not some other passenger's.

I'll be interested in seeing how many passengers are actually asked to show their RAT photos at embarkation.  My notice from Cunard says that I "may be asked to show appropriate proof".  The "may"  allows a lot of wriggle room and discretion. 

And only required on certain voyages anyway. Not on my crossing next week - as doesn’t go on to Canada is the reason why no compulsory test needed. 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:50 PM, exlondoner said:

And I think everyone who has had it would agree that it is preferable to know before you step on board and spend a week on the ship feeling grim.

We are on Queen Victoria in January.  Just hoping it is an antigen lateral flow test that I can get done at the airport  it is a bit confusing

13 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

And only required on certain voyages anyway. Not on my crossing next week - as doesn’t go on to Canada is the reason why no compulsory test needed. 

Not sure the mandatory test is entirely based on the requirements of the destination. Our December crossing (M240) requires a supervised test, because it is included in a longer itinerary (M240A) that includes the Caribbean and an even longer one (M240B) that adds the NY-Southampton return. We are only on for the westbound TA, but required to test. I checked the Caribbean destinations and none require testing for entry. The test is required because it is a “longer” voyage…even though we are only on for a 7-night TA.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Canada dropped its cruise ship rules as of the 1st of October. It is now up to the cruise lines. Cunard's requirements were even more strict than those of the Canadian government.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, techteach said:

@ExArkie I’m on M240 with you and plan to test in London on Tuesday.

See you on board. We decided to splurge and take the 5-day Dutch Christmas Market trip and then stay on for the crossing. So, when test time comes, we'll actually be on QM2. I haven't had a chance to call and find out how they plan to handle that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

Canada dropped its cruise ship rules as of the 1st of October. It is now up to the cruise lines. Cunard's requirements were even more strict than those of the Canadian government.

Well, that's understandable given the environment. Given rising cases again it seems a little unwise not to be doing compulsory tests, even if only a witnessed LFT. Cruising didn't really happen last winter did it (my October one was cancelled). This winter might be...interesting (possibly one reason why my Carnival shares have dropped so much; still I have $100 of on board credit from them....almost pays for the wifi!)