Divina 10/21 - Why so popular

Chrisp5

More curious than anything - does anyone have any clue why the 10/21 3 night to Ocean Cay suddenly got super popular within the last 6-8 weeks?  I was looking at a solo cruise and was showing about 240 for a balcony and tons of rooms available when I went to select a cabin.  I didn't pull the tigger and prices jumped up a bit so I thought I would wait for them to drop again.  They just kept going up to the point the cheapest room is now $1,800 for a solo.  My fault for not booking.  I googled and couldn't find a large group event, etc.  Any idea why this cruise suddenly jumped to being more expensive than 10+ day cruises?  I love Ocean Cay but nowhere close that much!

1 hour ago, Chrisp5 said:

More curious than anything - does anyone have any clue why the 10/21 3 night to Ocean Cay suddenly got super popular within the last 6-8 weeks?  I was looking at a solo cruise and was showing about 240 for a balcony and tons of rooms available when I went to select a cabin.  I didn't pull the tigger and prices jumped up a bit so I thought I would wait for them to drop again.  They just kept going up to the point the cheapest room is now $1,800 for a solo.  My fault for not booking.  I googled and couldn't find a large group event, etc.  Any idea why this cruise suddenly jumped to being more expensive than 10+ day cruises?  I love Ocean Cay but nowhere close that much!

Currently on Divina for 12 day repositioning cruise. Our RollCall had 24 travel agents on it. Seems MSC has offered free cruises to them and increasing fares for paid passengers. 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:22 PM, phissy said:

Currently on Divina for 12 day repositioning cruise. Our RollCall had 24 travel agents on it. Seems MSC has offered free cruises to them and increasing fares for paid passengers. 

How would you compare the Divina to the Meraviglia?

2 hours ago, tkwbear said:

How would you compare the Divina to the Meraviglia?

All Yacht Clubs are not created equally. 
We notice differences everyday between the two.

Divina loungers do not have pads and have frayed edges. Divina does not have flat top at food area of One Pool. Food choices at breakfast and lunch very limited to what they bring out. Ordered burger from One Pool grill. Not even close to the quality we had on Meraviglia. It had thin, dry patty on thick roll. When we had lunch today in YC restaurant, burger ordered by next table, was the one we had on other ship from the pool grill.
 Divina YC restaurant at extreme aft of ship, while YC is forward. Food delivery is an issue outside of the restaurant . 

Meraviglia  has YC contained in  one area of ship.
No Nespresso coffee machines in cabin.
They said it is because Divina is not a smart ship.
How hard would it be to add coffee maker to cabins?

Have to order room service to get “coffee” in the morning.  Not very good quality. Probably from buffet.

It is hard to bring ourselves to walk to other end of ship for breakfast.

One Pool grill is same as buffet food served below.

Tonight is Italian night. noticed menu from main restaurant had much better choices for dinner.  Hoping YC will allow us to request one dish from  the restaurant.

YC restaurant has same three choices for dessert every night. Cheese, ice cream or Tiramisu.

Other options  looks like ones  available in buffet. 
We had better food on Meraviglia.

• Like 1

Phissy -- who is your butler? Rodwin is ours and is pretty great about bringing coffee each day. We usually set up the time the night before. Were you able to get Bailey's for your husband's coffee each morning? We haven't specified what exact type of coffee for each day and have had some "American" brewed and some espresso.

J and A

16 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Phissy -- who is your butler? Rodwin is ours and is pretty great about bringing coffee each day. We usually set up the time the night before. Were you able to get Bailey's for your husband's coffee each morning? We haven't specified what exact type of coffee for each day and have had some "American" brewed and some espresso.

J and A

Rodwin is FABULOUS!  We had a 7am wakeup call with cappucinos every day. Delivered with  smile.

• Like 2