Turn Down Service is going away - will daily room service be next?

The-Inside-Cabin

2 hours ago, Infi said:

I wanted to underscore this point about HAL simply following policies or changes that have already been implemented on other CCL brands. This forum likes to joke about the "Testerdam" being the guinea pig, but policies like once daily turndown service and the charges for select room service items were implemented on Carnival and Princess long before HAL adopted them. Carnival had once a day turndown service in 2019, perhaps earlier. Perhaps Carnival corp intrinsically knows these changes would not be as well-received or accepted on HAL, so that's why HAL is last in line to get them. Or perhaps they want to maintain the image that HAL is their premium brand. Who knows for sure?

For those who are HAL fans, it's worth it to keep up with news about other Carnival corp lines to see what changes may be afoot. I'm dreading the day HAL tries to implement charges for the majority of room service like Carnival or tries to remove the desk chairs from cabins like Princess. Won't be pretty!

On the recent cruises on Princess has gone back to twice a day.  The Steward asks if you want once or twice a day.  It appears that the once a day on Princess was mostly for when they were getting operations up to full speed, had lower passenger numbers, and reduced staffing.  Now operations are getting back to where they were pre-covid and most things are going back to the pre-covid with some minor changes.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

On the recent cruises on Princess has gone back to twice a day.  The Steward asks if you want once or twice a day. 

That was our experience this summer . I told the steward, morning service was just fine . I was then corrected by my DW . Twice a day it was .  😉

20 hours ago, ldtr said:

On the recent cruises on Princess has gone back to twice a day.  The Steward asks if you want once or twice a day.  It appears that the once a day on Princess was mostly for when they were getting operations up to full speed, had lower passenger numbers, and reduced staffing.  Now operations are getting back to where they were pre-covid and most things are going back to the pre-covid with some minor changes.

Again, if you read my post carefully, I used Carnival as the example of the cruise line who first implemented once daily room cleanings. Did not say anything about Princess and their room cleaning policies. 

2 hours ago, Infi said:

Again, if you read my post carefully, I used Carnival as the example of the cruise line who first implemented once daily room cleanings. Did not say anything about Princess and their room cleaning policies. 

Actually you stated HAL following policies already implemented on other CCL brands

of which Princess is one.

You also stated later in the post

policies like once a day turn down service ... were implemented on Carnival  and Princess ...

so you really might want to reread you own post carefully as you put it.

10 hours ago, ldtr said:

Actually you stated HAL following policies already implemented on other CCL brands

of which Princess is one.

You also stated later in the post

policies like once a day turn down service ... were implemented on Carnival  and Princess ...

so you really might want to reread you own post carefully as you put it.

Actually, reading comprehension would be helpful on your end. In my original post, I referred to Carnival for the turndown policies, Princess for having the room service charges first. Apparently I hit a nerve by saying something negative about Princess, hence the aggressive follow-up. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Infi said:

Actually, reading comprehension would be helpful on your end. In my original post, I referred to Carnival for the turndown policies, Princess for having the room service charges first. Apparently I hit a nerve by saying something negative about Princess, hence the aggressive follow-up. Have a nice day.

Let me show you exactly what you wrote with the complete line quoted quoted from your post.

"This forum likes to joke about the "Testerdam" being the guinea pig,  but policies like once daily turndown service and the charges for select room service items were implemented on Carnival and Princess long before HAL adopted them"

You did not separate them out you stated as you  just stated listing both turndown service and room service items in the same sentence in the only line where you mentioned Princess.  So first you insult me and say that you never mentioned Princess.  Now you say that you mentioned Princess only in conjunction with room service charges.  Did you actually read your own posting?

Actually your statement  Apparently I hit a nerve by saying something negative about Princess, hence the aggressive follow-up  is not correct either.

Since your original statement was that either HAL might eventually follow the Carnival and Princess in such actions, or that they were positioning HAL as a more premium service, I was merely pointing out that Princess post Covid was returning to twice a day service. 

Potentially meaning that HAL would also continue to offer twice a day,

Not sure why you reacted to my post the way you did. But when one responds to a post in what is both insulting and claiming that my reading of the original post was in error, when anyone reading it can clearly tell what was written, then I will respond in kind. 

Also not sure what room service charges you are even talking about on Princess since unlike Carnival room service is still free 24 hours a day with no delivery charge, though they have some items on the menu that are charged for.

Edited by ldtr