Deck 5 or Deck 8 on Eurodam

chrislo

We are looking to book a balcony cabin on Eurodam and are looking at deck 5 cabin 5044 or deck 8 8029.  On other lines we have always stayed deck 8 or higher.  Can you share the pros and cons of deck 5 vs deck 8.  I have already looked at deck plans so I know what is around me.  I'm looking for real experiences.

Thanks

I prefer to be close to the Lido and the Sea View pool so I always book deck 8 aft.  Some people complain about noise on deck 8 but it has never bothered me.  Cabin 8029 seems to be near or under the spa so it should be relatively quiet.

• Like 3

Deck 5 has the shallowest verandas of any deck - so I skip deck 5 for that reason.  Deck 8 in the forward section under the spa would be fine - the spa is very quiet.  I'd be leery of anything on deck 8 under the pool deck.  Under the Lido (restaurant) probably isn't bad but I'm more inclined to stay on deck 6 or 7 than 5 or 8 so don't have personal experience.

Sue/WDW1972

Depneding on where you are under the Lido.  We were in 8085...close to mid elevators, but you can hear the plate trolleys going over the ceramic tiles of the Lido.....thack, thack, thack, thack....

Didn't matter to me because I can sleep through a hurricane, but it drove DH NUTS!!  He had a tough time going to sleep during the late opening of the Lido.

L.

I would prefer 5044 over 8029 just because I like to be lower where there is more stability.  If the seas should get rough, you'll feel it on the higher decks.  Saying that, both staterooms seem to be in a good place away from noise.  The 8029 stateroom is under the spa vs the lido pool so it should not be noisy.  If the stateroom was under the Lido pool, I would've said no.  Either would be good if you have no motion issues like I do.

13 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

I would prefer 5044 over 8029 just because I like to be lower where there is more stability.  If the seas should get rough, you'll feel it on the higher decks.  Saying that, both staterooms seem to be in a good place away from noise.  The 8029 stateroom is under the spa vs the lido pool so it should not be noisy.  If the stateroom was under the Lido pool, I would've said no.  Either would be good if you have no motion issues like I do.

We were in 8024 and 8022 last December...very quiet under spa.  8029 looks to be just under the forward start of Lido Pool area, just forward of the first cabanas.  Should be relatively quiet.

We liked the location of our cabins.  One flight of stairs up to the Lido deck, fitness center and spa, 3 up to the Crow's Nest.  Very convenient to pretty much everywhere except for the long trek to the MDR.  That was OK though...needed the walking.

One thing to consider with 8029 is the overhang above the balcony.  If you want shade, this probably would be a great choice.  If you are looking for lots of sun, perhaps not. The overhang on the deck 8 cabins in the inset portions of the ship have an overhang that extends about one foot beyond the balcony railing.

As far as motion goes, we felt a bit of motion in our 8024 and 8022 cabins (and some shudder whenever the bow hit a big wave) but nothing too significant.  We had probably 6-8 foot swells a couple of days but still never found the motion to be disruptive.