Liberty in March

Megan_Strick

1 minute ago, Megan_Strick said:

Sailing on Liberty in March. The only stop is Bimini. New one for me. Is Bimini more like Nassau-ish or more like Grand Turk-ish. Meaning is it more private island-ish? If that makes sense. I will be cruising solo is why I ask.

Bimini in my opinion is more GT-ish.  Twice I have booked the Carnival excursion to Resort World (just the beach, not the pool) and had lounge chairs and an umbrella for me and DH.  With my mom, we set up in a clamshell on the deck and that was great as well.  The tram takes you there, easy peasy.  I have heard the "free beach" doesn't have facilities and chairs are more expensive than the RW chairs.  We split a chicken quesadilla for $16 and it was plenty for me and mom.  Hope that helps!

bimini clamshell view.jpg

6 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

Sailing on Liberty in March. The only stop is Bimini. New one for me. Is Bimini more like Nassau-ish or more like Grand Turk-ish. Meaning is it more private island-ish? If that makes sense. I will be cruising solo is why I ask.

Hi 🙂

More like Grand Turk. Definitely not like Nassau at all. Grand Turk has Jacks Shack; in Bimini they have Joe's Conch Shack. When in Bimini the recommended mode of transportation is renting a golf cart. Do some research & Google around; there's a lot of interesting Bimini information online.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Bimini in my opinion is more GT-ish.  Twice I have booked the Carnival excursion to Resort World (just the beach, not the pool) and had lounge chairs and an umbrella for me and DH.  With my mom, we set up in a clamshell on the deck and that was great as well.  The tram takes you there, easy peasy.  I have heard the "free beach" doesn't have facilities and chairs are more expensive than the RW chairs.  We split a chicken quesadilla for $16 and it was plenty for me and mom.  Hope that helps!

bimini clamshell view.jpg

Yes! It does help. If it was like Nassau I was going to stay on the ship since I was cruising solo. Don't feel safe walking around "town"

Just now, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

More like Grand Turk. Definitely not like Nassau at all. Grand Turk has Jacks Shack; in Bimini they have Joe's Conch Shack. When in Bimini the recommended mode of transportation is renting a golf cart. Do some research & Google around; there's a lot of interesting Bimini information online.

Thank you!

TBH its not like either but closer to GT. Meaning its safe and its a very very laid back island but there is no port to speak (at least there wasnt when i was there). It was literally one long slab of concrete with a tram running back and forth to the ship. To the best of my knowledge, this was not a cruise destination until post pandemic when cruise lines had to get more creative. We took a sting ray beach excursion and loved it. Beautiful island

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, matymil said:

TBH its not like either but closer to GT. Meaning its safe and its a very very laid back island but there is no port to speak (at least there wasnt when i was there). It was literally one long slab of concrete with a tram running back and forth to the ship. To the best of my knowledge, this was not a cruise destination until post pandemic when cruise lines had to get more creative. We took a sting ray beach excursion and loved it. Beautiful island

thank you!

• Like 1