Testing before going to Bermuda

Just got an email from royal saying PCRs are accepted 4 days out.. or rapid tests 2 days out.  (we sail on 10/22)

Has anyone had the same experience? 
I usually do a proctored rapid because I need the fast turn-around.. but if PCRs from 4 days are accepted, that's the better option here....

Ok, I admit that I did not graduate near the top of my class but I am confused about testing requirement.

We're going to the southern Caribbean in December from Ft. Lauderdale.  No stop in Bermuda.  Do we need to be tested prior to boarding?   

1 hour ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Just got an email from royal saying PCRs are accepted 4 days out.. or rapid tests 2 days out.  (we sail on 10/22)

Has anyone had the same experience? 
I usually do a proctored rapid because I need the fast turn-around.. but if PCRs from 4 days are accepted, that's the better option here....

58 minutes ago, pcur said:

I just got the same email.  I will use BinaxNOW tests with the Navica app.  But, if the PCR is better for you, do it by the 18th.

Looks like you two are traveling to Bermuda a few days too early 🙁

10 minutes ago, xray0111 said:

Ok, I admit that I did not graduate near the top of my class but I am confused about testing requirement.

We're going to the southern Caribbean in December from Ft. Lauderdale.  No stop in Bermuda.  Do we need to be tested prior to boarding?   

For Cruises from North America and the Caribbean (U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Barbados)

• Vaccinated guests do not need to take a test for sailings of 9 nights or fewer. On sailings of 10 nights or longer, fully vaccinated guests age 12 and older will need to bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test.
  • Guests age 12 and up who are not vaccinated have three days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.

• Guests under the age of 12, do not need to take a test prior to cruising.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.

Please note: A guest is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered (e.g. 2 shots of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, etc., or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson). Vaccines must be approved for use by the WHO or U.S. FDA, with the exception of CanSino.