Blue Chip Offer - Solo?

kelleyd

I sail solo often on Blue Chip offers - verandah cabins - no extra charge for being solo.  Most of my friends and relatives are teachers and can only vacation in the summer, so fall/winter sailings are usually solo for me.

• Like 1

I sailed solo on a Blue Chip comped cruise on Apex and have another one coming up on Beyond Thanksgiving week. Its a great deal not having to worry about any solo supplement! And if you decide to add someone later on to your room they usually only have to pay the port taxes/fees (depending on your comp level of course) 

• Like 1

Solo here.  Lucky enough to receive and book both recent BCC offers.  You only get charged taxes and port fees for one, and if you have an upgrade option, only get the daily upgrade charge for one.  A great deal for us solo cruisers ... but does make me wonder why solos have to pay double when we're paying full price for our cruises. 

49 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Solo here.  Lucky enough to receive and book both recent BCC offers.  You only get charged taxes and port fees for one, and if you have an upgrade option, only get the daily upgrade charge for one.  A great deal for us solo cruisers ... but does make me wonder why solos have to pay double when we're paying full price for our cruises

They simply want the gambler on the ship...Its rare that there are couples who both gamble enough to both earn free cruises, usually one person is gambling enough to earn free comps and their significant other either isn't gambling at all or is gambling very little

18 hours ago, kelleyd said:

Hello, just wondering if anyone has booked the free verandah room and gone solo?  I know I can call, but it can be a long wait at times.

Wait times have been significantly better lately, lately I haven't had to wait more than a few minutes and often there's no wait at all.