Curacao tour and beach

Wetmib

We are considering this ship sponsored excursion.  It will be our first time here. Can someone (s) tell me how large a group they so this with? A large busful, a van...trying to see if we would get enough out of it. Thanks all

If this is the one that also included a stop at the Curacao distillery and so on it was a large bus that was completely full.  We were just on this tour in Sept when we were on the Allure. It was a good tour though and we do not usually do ship sponsored excursions, but we thought it was good.  

• Like 1

There use to be a rental car place at the pier.  We rented a jeep for 1/2 day and just drove around on our own.  Drove up to Kokomo Beach and spent some time there.  It's really impossible to get lost.  Then we came back and walked into town for an hour or so.  

I did the Curacao Highlights and Mamba Beach tour 10/5/22.  Was disappointed.  Although the city tour on the bus was nice, the distillary was a waste of time.  Basically, they said we had 15 minutes to take the "tour" which consisted of walking about 100 feet through a "prop" distillery, getting 3 tiny samples of liquor, and then, if you wanted to buy anything, there were probably 100 people (apparently several different tours/companies) trying to buy stuff in a too small shop.  The beach itself was nothing special, as far as caribbean beaches go.  Having a designated area with beach chairs was nice.  We had wished we had more time at the beach, which was maybe 1.5 hours. 

I just did the scenic drive and Cas Abao...highly recommend. Was about 40-50people on a nice AC bus. My luck is that it rained the WHOLE day but the beach is absolutely beautiful. Snorkeling is very good there and just right off the beach. They stop at Nina Sanchez art gallery on the way, which is very beautiful...lovely property.  Food and drinks are not included...Lunch was about 10.00 pp with drinks being around 13.00 each

Wasn't with Royal, but did a ship excursion in Curacao with Carnival last August (so probably all the same tour companies anyways) that was an island tour and had sea turtle snorkel. It was a really great tour in our opinion. Minibus of I think of about 20 or so people, we had a great guide, too. We also stopped at the Nina Sanchez gallery. I enjoyed looking at the art and the building, and the property had a nice view.