MSC - Euribia 11/04/23 Fully booked?

mama4five

We are booked for the 11/4/23 Mediterranean Sailing on the Euribia in Yacht Club.  Now our friends are trying to book on the same sailing and the website says the entire ship is full.  Can that be true?  The entire ship?  Do they really sell out over a year in advance?  Could there be a glitch in the system right now? 

We picked a random TA and she said she was able to get them a room in YC but said that OBC was only $75.  Do TA's have different access to the bookings?  Why would the OBC for YC be only $75 when their entire website screams up to $500 OBC. 

If anyone has any insight to what might be going on, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nancy

5 hours ago, mama4five said:

We are booked for the 11/4/23 Mediterranean Sailing on the Euribia in Yacht Club.  Now our friends are trying to book on the same sailing and the website says the entire ship is full.  Can that be true?  The entire ship?  Do they really sell out over a year in advance?  Could there be a glitch in the system right now? 

Passengers can embark/disembark at every port of call (except La Spezia) on your loop itinerary.

There is a chance that no YC cabins are available for embarkation in Barcelona on 11-04-2023 but YC cabins are available in Genoa on 11-06-2023.

MSC offers no promotion on these dates, you may get OBC through your TA.

42 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

You are not writing where you embark. Different ports have different allocations, but basically it is totally impossible that a cruise in November 2023 is fully booked. 

MSC Euribia is in Barcelona on 11-04-2023

AFE30BA6-4015-49E0-ADDC-6F5C60F9D292.thumb.jpeg.b5592a32c2db99332e79f7830928636d.jpeg

7 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Passengers can embark/disembark at every port of call (except La Spezia) on your loop itinerary.

There is a chance that no YC cabins are available for embarkation in Barcelona on 11-04-2023 but YC cabins are available in Genoa on 11-06-2023.

MSC offers no promotion on these dates, you may get OBC through your TA.

At first when my friend told me it was fully booked, I assumed it was just that the YC was full.  But the screen comes up as "This cruise is fully booked..."  Which is what I find so strange.

Screenshot (4).png

There could be regional differences in the booking process as well--maybe some regions are allowed to book and others not. Maybe due to significant changes in currencies recently? I've noticed that a lot of the Euribia cruises have holes in their stateroom availability.

I had added to this thread with similar questions: 

Most likely I think it's a bug or misconfiguration by MSC, but there could also be legitimate business reasons why it's difficult to book the later Euribia cruises.

35 minutes ago, mama4five said:

Embarking and disembarking in Barcelona.  MSC USA site shows that the entire ship is full.

In MSC language " "This cruise is fully booked" usually means "This cruise is cancelled".

But don´t worry, in that cases always check first the ITALIAN website https://www.msccrociere.it/

All kinds of changes can be found here first and it is the best source for availability. And there you will find all kinds of cabins available for booking including YC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

In MSC language " "This cruise is fully booked" usually means "This cruise is cancelled".

+1 to this, at least generally. Makes me wonder if a lot of changes are about to be announced. MSC is already heavily shifting toward North America, and maybe the Euribia will be caught up in downstream changes as a result.

Well I just got notification from MSC that they have changed the same itinerary to the Fantasia instead of the Euribia.  So it looks like I will be making some changes to this booking.  Ugh.

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, mama4five said:

Well I just got notification from MSC that they have changed the same itinerary to the Fantasia instead of the Euribia.  So it looks like I will be making some changes to this booking.  Ugh.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, I should have trusted my knowledge in MSC language more 😄

On 10/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, perakcruiser said:

But don´t worry, in that cases always check first the ITALIAN website https://www.msccrociere.it/

All kinds of changes can be found here first and it is the best source for availability. And there you will find all kinds of cabins available for booking including YC. 

It is still showing as available for Dec 30 but someone said cancelled. Used the above website ?

Sounds like the delivery of the Explora 1 was delayed, which could also have an impact on the routes that MSC is choosing. I'm assuming that MSC and Explora treat their demand pool as a combined one, meaning that MSC will not try to cannibalize one line over the other and will always try to make the two complementary. Of course, the reasons for these itinerary changes could have nothing to do with Explora.

9 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

It is still showing as available for Dec 30 but someone said cancelled. Used the above website ?

Just checked it, it is not showing available: 
"Al momento non c'è disponibilità per la data scelta. Per favore seleziona un'altra partenza". 

You also can see that the route map is removed for the Euribia. 

9 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

Can I ask for regular MSC cruisers if they cancel do they not allow you to move to another cruise ship same date within day/same ports for same price?

Usually they do, but I guess because it is the New Years cruise the change request has to go thru Napoli. Still thinking in the end @Stockjock will be allowed to change to the World Europa for free.