Difference between Lagoon Villa and Ocean Villa on Great Stirrup Cay?

Sigyn

I've rented an Ocean Villa on GSC for our trip in December. It is the smallest one that they have, for couples and small families. Looking at the map, it seems to be a bit off to the right from the lagoon. I'm just wondering about placement, and the view. Does anyone have photos? I have found a lot of videos online for the lagoon villas and one bedroom lagoon villas, but not the ocean villa. only the NCL video that was produced.

What is the main difference between a lagoon villa and an ocean villa, for instance?

We have had both.  the ocean ones when looking at the water are to the left of the lagoon.  We prefer the ocean ones.  There is small cove, very protected cove in front of the ocean ones while the lagoon ones have the large lagoon in front of them.  Here is why we like the ocean ones better:

-higher up with better views

-water is calmer and clearer(the lagoon is very weedy and murky at times, also is has a stale smell when the tide is low)

-right next to the buffet

-the service was much better, maybe because there are fewer ocean villas as compared to lagoon ones

• Like 1