Port of Miami questions

TerReuv

This is our first time sailing out of Miami.  We will be on the Horizon which I believe is Terminal D.  Looking at the map of the port, it seems that it is one way on each side of the parking decks.  Do we drive through to let them take our luggage and then (from what I can tell) you basically have to circle the parking deck again to get in to park?  It looks like if you drive to drop off luggage, the exit from the actual terminal is past the entrance to the parking deck so you have to circle.  Can anyone confirm any of this?  Or even give me some more information.  

Thanks!

I parked at Garage G and the ship sailed from Terminal F.  I was able to drop the bags off at F and then, with turn signals at work, manage to work my way over the lanes of one way traffic to get to the outermost lane that I was able to enter the garage.  It was a chaotic mess and I am thankful that my car did not have a fender bender in the process.  I will never drive to the Port of Miami for a sailing again!    And, based on what I have learned on CC, I will never use an off-site parking facility.  If I book a cruise that sails from Miami, I will use a taxi to get from wherever--hotel or airport--I am to get to the Port.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I parked at Garage G and the ship sailed from Terminal F.  I was able to drop the bags off at F and then, with turn signals at work, manage to work my way over the lanes of one way traffic to get to the outermost lane that I was able to enter the garage.  It was a chaotic mess and I am thankful that my car did not have a fender bender in the process.  I will never drive to the Port of Miami for a sailing again!    And, based on what I have learned on CC, I will never use an off-site parking facility.  If I book a cruise that sails from Miami, I will use a taxi to get from wherever--hotel or airport--I am to get to the Port.  

Thank you for the heads up!  We are driving to Miami from north Tampa and am trying to figure out where to park.  I hate to pay the price at the port but now I am questioning off-site parking.  Could you give me an idea of where to look on here for reviews about this?

5 minutes ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Could you give me an idea of where to look on here for reviews about this?

On the Florida Forum, there have been many posts about this.  The conclusion that I have drawn is the off-site companies are not recommended by Port of Miami cruisers much more experienced than me.  The safest, not the most inexpensive, option is to  park at one of the garages in the Port.  

If there is one benefit to the chaotic traffic that I found on the street between the terminals and the garages was the volume of traffic required--absolutely required--slow driving.  When one is leaving the drop off area for luggage at the terminal, turn on your turn signals, and begin to "inch by inch" into the proper lane for the Garage.  I found that other drivers were courteous enough to allow me to do this.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

On the Florida Forum, there have been many posts about this.  The conclusion that I have drawn is the off-site companies are not recommended by Port of Miami cruisers much more experienced than me.  The safest, not the most inexpensive, option is to  park at one of the garages in the Port.  

If there is one benefit to the chaotic traffic that I found on the street between the terminals and the garages was the volume of traffic required--absolutely required--slow driving.  When one is leaving the drop off area for luggage at the terminal, turn on your turn signals, and begin to "inch by inch" into the proper lane for the Garage.  I found that other drivers were courteous enough to allow me to do this.  

Thank you!  I just talked to the hubby about this and we both agreed that we will park at the port.  Worth piece of mind knowing that car will be more secure than other off-site options.  Thank you for your insight and tips.  I have been to the port many other times but I have flown into Miami and was able to use a transfer.  We now live in Florida so driving it is!

• Like 1

I found my dash cam recording of our sail in late Aug and took a snapshot of me exiting terminal d to park! Technology is amazing!

as you can see there are right turn only markers and while it appears one can sneak directly across to the garage, I was directed by a friendly traffic guy to turn right and drive around to park in the garage. It was easy enough and just took a few minutes.

317940BF-D6BF-4A81-AA34-8492082B04E4.jpeg

• Like 1