Looks like my winter 2023 cruise has been moved from Euribia to Fantasia...

Stockjock

Going from a brand new ship not yet built to one of the oldest.  Not thrilled.  There is a newer ship (World Europa) that leaves from the same port one day earlier.  I called MSC to see if I could move to that ship at the same price, which seemed reasonable as they're both new ships, same departure port, same duration and only one day apart, but they said I'd have to e-mail MSC, as they had no power to make that change.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises for your Mediterranean cruise vacation.

We are contacting you with an important update concerning your cruise which is scheduled to sail from Barcelona, Spain, aboard MSC Euribia.

Due to necessary operational reasons, your cruise will now be operated by beautiful MSC Fantasia. Your departure date and cruise itinerary will remain the same. Should the new cruise be less expensive, we will grant you the lowest rate between the old and new cruise. MSC will also issue $100 USD onboard credit per stateroom for you to use during your cruise aboard MSC Fantasia. Single occupancy cabins will receive $50 USD per stateroom. 

We sincerely apologize for this change. 

Your booking will be updated in our reservation system in the coming days, and can be viewed by visiting  MSC Cruises - Manage Your Booking  . To view, enter your existing booking number and name.  

We are pleased to offer you the following 3 options:

1. If you accept this change and will sail aboard MSC Fantasia on 12/30/2023, no further action is required on your part. We will automatically move your cruise to MSC Fantasia and apply the onboard credit to your booking.
  2. If you prefer to reschedule your cruise to an alternative ship and sailing date, please call your Travel Advisor. Or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 866-420-3584 before November 15, 2022 and reference your booking number. Our representatives will be happy to help you find a new cruise vacation. Please note, the prevailing rate of the new cruise will apply.
  3. Alternatively, if you prefer to cancel your reservation and request a refund in the amount paid to MSC, please call your Travel Advisor. Or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 866-420-3584 before November 15, 2022. Our representatives will be happy to assist.

If you wish to purchase shore excursions for your cruise, please visit MSC Shore Excursions to book your tours, or you may contact your Travel Advisor.

We thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard MSC Cruises!

Sincerely,
MSC Cruises USA

10 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I called MSC to see if I could move to that ship at the same price, which seemed reasonable as they're both new ships, same departure port, same duration and only one day apart, but they said I'd have to e-mail MSC, as they had no power to make that change.

Was the price the issue? According to #2, moving to another ship should have been no problem....

11 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

2. If you prefer to reschedule your cruise to an alternative ship and sailing date, please call your Travel Advisor. Or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 866-420-3584 before November 15, 2022 and reference your booking number. Our representatives will be happy to help you find a new cruise vacation. Please note, the prevailing rate of the new cruise will apply.

I had one of my ships changed from Seaside to Meraviglia (MSC offered $200 OBC) but I simply cancelled and booked Seaside again for a different cruise. 

36 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Was the price the issue? According to #2, moving to another ship should have been no problem....

I had one of my ships changed from Seaside to Meraviglia (MSC offered $200 OBC) but I simply cancelled and booked Seaside again for a different cruise. 

The price on the ship that leaves one day earlier is at least 50% to 75% higher.  This, despite the fact that they are both new ships, both leave from the same port and the sailing is only 1 day apart.

I contacted MSC with a request to honor current pricing but move me to the sailing one day earlier, as I consider that a lateral move (new ship to new ship) whereas a move to Fantasia is a move down versus what I had booked.

On 10/17/2022 at 6:32 PM, Stockjock said:

Going from a brand new ship not yet built to one of the oldest.  Not thrilled.  There is a newer ship (World Europa) that leaves from the same port one day earlier.  I called MSC to see if I could move to that ship at the same price, which seemed reasonable as they're both new ships, same departure port, same duration and only one day apart, but they said I'd have to e-mail MSC, as they had no power to make that change.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are contacting you with an important update concerning your cruise which is scheduled to sail from Barcelona, Spain, aboard MSC Euribia.

Due to necessary operational reasons, your cruise will now be operated by beautiful MSC Fantasia. Your departure date and cruise itinerary will remain the same. Should the new cruise be less expensive, we will grant you the lowest rate between the old and new cruise. MSC will also issue $100 USD onboard credit per stateroom for you to use during your cruise aboard MSC Fantasia. Single occupancy cabins will receive $50 USD per stateroom. 

Your booking will be updated in our reservation system in the coming days, and can be viewed by visiting  MSC Cruises - Manage Your Booking  . To view, enter your existing booking number and name.  

1. If you accept this change and will sail aboard MSC Fantasia on 12/30/2023, no further action is required on your part. We will automatically move your cruise to MSC Fantasia and apply the onboard credit to your booking.
  3. Alternatively, if you prefer to cancel your reservation and request a refund in the amount paid to MSC, please call your Travel Advisor. Or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 866-420-3584 before November 15, 2022. Our representatives will be happy to assist.

If you wish to purchase shore excursions for your cruise, please visit MSC Shore Excursions to book your tours, or you may contact your Travel Advisor.

We thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard MSC Cruises!

Sincerely,
MSC Cruises USA

Hello 👋 

We are on the Euribia on 30/12/23 from Barcelona 😢 

I have heard nothing and my booking still shows Euribia 

I am/was so excited about this cruise. 
Where is Euribia going ?

😞 

Edited by Nextholiday?

So are you saying the email says if we change the cruise because of their fault we have to pay the difference? 😡 😢 😭 

If so it is not good customer service 😢 

It is still letting me go to the payment page as shows as Euribia. The Europa is dearer for the same time 

Edited by Nextholiday?

Saw a post last night on social media from someone who added the cancellation email they had just received telling them that their Euribia cruise on 15/4/2024 is cancelled, rumour is the ship will be headed to the UK but nothing official as yet. 

On 10/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, Stockjock said:

The price on the ship that leaves one day earlier is at least 50% to 75% higher.  This, despite the fact that they are both new ships, both leave from the same port and the sailing is only 1 day apart.

I contacted MSC with a request to honor current pricing but move me to the sailing one day earlier, as I consider that a lateral move (new ship to new ship) whereas a move to Fantasia is a move down versus what I had booked.

have they come back yet? 
which cabin have you got at present? 🙂 

1 hour ago, Nextholiday? said:

It is.nuts I rang MSc they went and checked and said not cancelled!!!

It’s hard to say for sure but I suspect that it is. I’m a little surprised they are still accepting  reservations on Euribia.  MSC does things a little differently than some cruise lines, lol.

14 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

MSC is the worst cruise line I have used. This is our first cruise but nothing but issues. Really gutted. Sorry if that sounds pathetic 😢 

Fantastica is a nice ship. As it is your first MSC cruise it is not a big thing which ship. I would just take the $100 and ignore all the trouble. 

23 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Fantastica is a nice ship. As it is your first MSC cruise it is not a big thing which ship. I would just take the $100 and ignore all the trouble. 

We booked it because it was new and in the Med. 🙂 We will just cancel if need to. I wonder where Euribia will go now 

On 10/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, Stockjock said:

Dear Valued Guest,

Sincerely,
MSC Cruises USA

When was the sailing going to take place? I am asking because I am booked in the Fantasia and I hope there is no itinerary change.

Ivi

Let's put it like this.

One of the reasons I booked the ship was because Euribia is a new ship.  While I haven't been on Fantasia, I have been on Divina, which I believe is a sister ship.  So I don't think Fantasia is terrible, but I do think it's a few steps down from Euribia.  On RCCL, I had a similar experience and they gave me the oldest and worst ship in the fleet.  This situation isn't quite that bad.

One thing MSC does that I find annoying in situations like this, is that they take confirmed Fantastica assigned cabins and rebook as Fantastica GUAR cabins.  In my mind, if you did a Bella GUAR, that's fine.  If you booked Fantastica, then they should immediately give you a specific cabin, because that's what you paid for.

I also think the $50 OBC per person is pretty stingy.

Edited by Stockjock

When they changed Fantasia to Opera, I was offered € 200 OBC, which was fair. If I was offered half of that, the change wouldn't been much higher that I'd cancelled.

Too many ship changes lately with MSC. I hope they get their game together soon, so you can actually start trusting your booking.

22 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

Euribia will sail in winter 2023/24 the same program like Virtuosa this winter from Southampton/Hamburg.

Memo to myself, there will be incredible good offers for the Euribia in winter 23/24 😄 

But as far as I know there is almost no difference between the Euribia and the Virtuosa/Grandiosa. 

32 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Memo to myself, there will be incredible good offers for the Euribia in winter 23/24 😄 

But as far as I know there is almost no difference between the Euribia and the Virtuosa/Grandiosa. 

Why good offers because of the weather or because virtousa has had some brilliant deals?  🙂

Do I do Europa from the Med or Euribia from Southampton 

I just checked my online booking for October 23, 2023 and they updated my ship from the Euriba to the Fantasia.  It would have been nice if they had emailed me and let me know!  There is no increase on my OBC, so not sure if I will get one or not.  I will likely end up cancelling anyways, and rebooking with a ship of my choosing.  I am starting to understand why there are so many comments about the MSC customer service.

26 minutes ago, hova said:

I just checked my online booking for October 23, 2023 and they updated my ship from the Euriba to the Fantasia.  It would have been nice if they had emailed me and let me know!  There is no increase on my OBC, so not sure if I will get one or not.  I will likely end up cancelling anyways, and rebooking with a ship of my choosing.  I am starting to understand why there are so many comments about the MSC customer service.

26 minutes ago, hova said:

Same for us 😞 Euribia Dec 23. No email/phone call confirming. Only checked online booking as someone else kindly mentioned it. Even rang MSC yesterday morning to be told no changes and hey presto!!! 😂