Do the specialty restaurants accomodate dietary restrictions?

tandarosen

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise on the Solstice for January (we've sailed with Princess several times in the past though).  I am lactose-intolerant and saw that the main dining room can accomodate easily.  However, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this in the specialty restaurants or any of the other dining venues?

And any don't miss recommendations for first time cruising on the Celebrity Soltice (my husband and I are in our mid-40s, foodies and very young at heart)?

Thank you!

Edited by tandarosen
typo

Talk about great service---I recall on one Celebrity cruise, when I mentioned that I was allergic to certain foods, every night, before our dinner was over, the maître-d would come to our table  and bring us the  menu for the next night's dinner.  I could review the choices and make any changes due to my allergies. Way to go Celebrity! 

My experience with specialty restaurants is that more is made to order which makes it easier to modify on the spot as compared to the MDR where pre-ordering the night before is more important.  Celebrity has always done an amazing job with my dairy allergy.