VERIFLY?

Carla in Texas 61

There is absolutely no need for Verifly. Just bring your boarding pass, passport and vaccine record, as they tell you to do even if you use Verifly. But, if you are a masochist, the solution to your problem is to delete Verifly then reinstall the latest version

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carla in Texas 61 said:

My Verifly app is still asking for a negative Covid test result even though I'm vaccinated & the pre-cruise Covid test is no longer required for me.

Verifly will not PASS me .

Do I need to use Verifly in order to check in at the pier on cruise day?

Thank you 

verifly is a complete waste of time.  Delete it.

• Like 2

I fell for the Verifly hype pre-cruise and was surprised at how useless it was. I wanted it to work and be as amazing as you hear about, but it wasn't even close. I did all of the pre-trip legwork, uploaded the documents, had everything as it should and got my green checkmark; ready to go. When I presented it to the reps at each line they looked at it, set my phone down, and then asked for all of my physical copies anyway. So all Verifly did was end up slowing me down, as I went through all that, at each point in line, just to pull out the documents anyway. I'd say skip it, honestly. Hopefully if you still try it, it works better for you, though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, icft said:

There is absolutely no need for Verifly. Just bring your boarding pass, passport and vaccine record, as they tell you to do even if you use Verifly. But, if you are a masochist, the solution to your problem is to delete Verifly then reinstall the latest version

Yep! 100% agree! I read so many people having issues with it, spending more time trying to fix it, then it would take to just bring the documents they already have.

30 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Yep! 100% agree! I read so many people having issues with it, spending more time trying to fix it, then it would take to just bring the documents they already have.

Another yep from me, and yet to this day Carnival persists in sending us emails from their Colleen Oliverio advising us to download the Verifly app. SMH. 

5 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Another yep from me, and yet to this day Carnival persists in sending us emails from their Colleen Oliverio advising us to download the Verifly app. SMH. 

And I had to chuckle a bit. In our cruise group on another outside page, someone asked about it. Most people were all on board with it, which is fine. I'm not going to argue with people, it's not a big deal. But, one person commented that they downloaded it, because according to this person, "why would they send it to you if you don't need it." Well... let's be honest, Carnival sends me a lot of things that I don't need. LOL! I just don't get the amount of time some people have been spending trying to get it to work properly. I have zero problem printing my stuff, whatever is needed, then just handing my passport, paperwork, and move on at the port.

• Like 4

On 10/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, nhilding10 said:

I fell for the Verifly hype pre-cruise and was surprised at how useless it was. I wanted it to work and be as amazing as you hear about, but it wasn't even close. I did all of the pre-trip legwork, uploaded the documents, had everything as it should and got my green checkmark; ready to go. When I presented it to the reps at each line they looked at it, set my phone down, and then asked for all of my physical copies anyway. So all Verifly did was end up slowing me down, as I went through all that, at each point in line, just to pull out the documents anyway. I'd say skip it, honestly. Hopefully if you still try it, it works better for you, though!

It seems to totally depend on who is checking you in. Last cruise we went on, they did ask to see Verifly, glanced briefly at dates and we were checked in in about two minutes.

Seems many have had different experiences.  I was happy I used it on the second cruise back after COVID.  This was when both vaccination and negative tests were required - the first cruise back it seemed that the person checking us in was taking quite awhile looking at our vaccine card and test and it seemed he was a little confused as to what he was looking at.  The second cruise back and the other 2 since, I used the Verifly app - walked up showed them my "Ready to Sail" on my phone and in 5 seconds I was good to go.  

Now that the test isn't required, it may not be as useful, but I'm still going to use it.  Mainly because I've had both initial doses of vaccine and 2 boosters.  The card is really full of info so taking a picture and sending it in to Verifly seems easier than trying to have a person check everything at embarkation.  

I agree that it isn't necessary, but it's worked well so far for me.