"Upgrade" on Sky Princess

J13C85

My wife and I are booked in an AFT Facing corner suite on Sky.  This is a category S3 "Penthouse Suite".  We booked this over a year ago (now less than 40 days, woo hoo).  Today we received an "Upgrade Bid" email to move into the Sky Suite (Great deal but the upgrade is nearly half the cost of our 14D B2B next year so we are passing) or an Aft Facing "Owners Suite" for $150 per person.  When I look at her deck plans, the Aft Facing Owners Suite appears to be on deck 8 right above the Vista Lounge.  The wrap around balcony appears longer than the balcony in our current cabin but not nearly as wide. The wrap around Aft Facing balconies on each floor above 8 are all categorized as S3 Penthouse suites.  To me, this seems more like a downgrade (due to location and balcony size) than an upgrade. 

Am I missing something?  Would love to hear from the experts in this forum.  TIA

When they set out suites at construction time location of many are not good locations.  Newer cruisers do not realise the importance of position on the ship, particularly in relation to nearby noisy infrastructure.  Most suites are well placed but I suspect the less well positioned ones are used for upgrades as they are not specifically chosen by cruisers.

Regards John

• Haha 1

We stayed in the Owners suite starboard side on the Discovery and heard No noise from the lounge.  The room itself is much larger than the the S3.  Really enjoyed being so close to the water

We stayed in the Owners suite Portside on Enchanted Princess and also heard no noice from the lounge.  The suite is HUGE but the balcony is narrow in comparison to the aft suites on Baja.  (suite is the normal size, but balcony is very big and half covered.  It depends on which is more important to you but I'm sure you will enjoy either! 

• 2 weeks later...