Nassau - Royal Caribbean Tours

scc2022

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise to Nassau in February 2023 on Royal Caribbean. We have never been to Nassau before, and this will be the second cruise in years for both of us (so novice cruisers!). This is a short trip, so I would rather book the excursion through the cruise line to ensure we don't miss the boat! I am looking at the Royal Caribbean tours online, but I cannot figure out if some of them just do a "drive by" of certain places or actually stop at them. We are history buffs and are looking at exploring the Queen's Staircase, the fort, and the distillery, but we want to make sure we can get out of a vehicle and actually explore these places. Has anyone been on one of these tours, or can someone recommend a tour that we could go on to explore these places? Thanks for your help!

Back in 2018 we did a "Land and Sea" tour (through a company called Seahorse, I think) where we had a cool catamaran ride to see celebrity mansions and stuff and then we had a land tour that went to some of the places you've mentioned (the fort and the staircase) before dropping us off to hang out at Atlantis for a while.  We didn't stop at the distillery, but otherwise it covered the places you mentioned.  It was the same tour available through RC, but we booked it directly with the company (it was cheaper that way).  But again, it was the exact same tour, and we would have been on the same boat and bus had we booked direct through RC.  They were very conscious about getting us back to our ship on time because they knew that the tour was pretty much all ship passengers.  

• Like 1