Tell me about Coco Cay please

Piaa

I know, strange topic probably (for most) but hubby decided he wanted to see the new mega ships as we always sail either on Celebrity, Azamara (600 people) or SeaDream (110 people) so for fun and for him to check it off the bucket list we booked the short 4 day cruise on Wonder and Coco Cay is a stop so how does this work exactly being the private island for RC ... is food included, are drinks included (if you have the alcohol package) or is everything for purchase?   We will probably stay on the ship anyway but figured I would ask here so we at least know what to expect (I did look at photos and boy it definitely is a theme park LOL) 

Thanks everyone 

25 minutes ago, Piaa said:

We will probably stay on the ship anyway but figured I would ask here so we at least know what to expect 

Personally I would at least go and have a look, if its not for you then you can return to the ship.

I'm not sure what you are expecting to get out of trying Royal Caribbeans 'mega ships' and its theme park Island if its not for you both. Seems a strange bucket list to tick off but it may just be me.

Whatever you decide enjoy 😀

• Like 1

CocoCay is an amazing place.  You can spend a ton, or like us, spend nothing but tips.  We have the drink pkg, so drinks are included.  We grab free loungers/umbrella at the beach and relax for the day.  We go to the free buffet for lunch.  If you are on the beach, you don't even know the waterpark stuff is there.  CocoCay is one of our favorite places, we were there Saturday and spent 8 hours on the beach. Pool is also free, but we don't go there, much rather be on the beach.  So much to do there that doesn't cost any money at all.  Truly a magical place.  Been there over 80 times and never get tired of it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Piaa said:

I know, strange topic probably (for most) but hubby decided he wanted to see the new mega ships as we always sail either on Celebrity, Azamara (600 people) or SeaDream (110 people) so for fun and for him to check it off the bucket list we booked the short 4 day cruise on Wonder and Coco Cay is a stop so how does this work exactly being the private island for RC ... is food included, are drinks included (if you have the alcohol package) or is everything for purchase?   We will probably stay on the ship anyway but figured I would ask here so we at least know what to expect (I did look at photos and boy it definitely is a theme park LOL) 

Thanks everyone 

Just wanted to compliment you on sailing with Azamara. We did that for a honeymoon Rome to Athens 11 night best cruise we ever had

3 minutes ago, Moltar said:

Just wanted to compliment you on sailing with Azamara. We did that for a honeymoon Rome to Athens 11 night best cruise we ever had

Thank you - we just returned from Athens to Venice on the Onward - fun time.

14 minutes ago, karena1 said:

CocoCay is an amazing place.  You can spend a ton, or like us, spend nothing but tips.  We have the drink pkg, so drinks are included.  We grab free loungers/umbrella at the beach and relax for the day.  We go to the free buffet for lunch.  If you are on the beach, you don't even know the waterpark stuff is there.  CocoCay is one of our favorite places, we were there Saturday and spent 8 hours on the beach. Pool is also free, but we don't go there, much rather be on the beach.  So much to do there that doesn't cost any money at all.  Truly a magical place.  Been there over 80 times and never get tired of it.

Thank you so much - we are looking forward to experiencing it 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Personally I would at least go and have a look, if its not for you then you can return to the ship.

I'm not sure what you are expecting to get out of trying Royal Caribbeans 'mega ships' and its theme park Island if its not for you both. Seems a strange bucket list to tick off but it may just be me.

Whatever you decide enjoy 😀

Thank you and I'm sure we will go have a wander around for fun - the video looks great

13 hours ago, karena1 said:

Do you know if there are paddle boards to rent and if so, how much they are? TIA

Don’t miss out and stay on the ship.  
Cococay is amazing to just walk around the island.   
don’t miss out on the awesome tacos.  
Usually the have live music. 

just walk right by the amusement park like slides in the beginning.    

• Like 2

First of all, we aren't 'beach' folks. I grew up on the beach and have developed multiple cases of melanoma, so I try to avoid the sun at all costs. Last year, on a cruise, we stopped at Coco Cay and like you, thought we wouldn't get off the ship. But we wanted to see this new adventure, we went, and decided to take the tram to one of the more remote spots, and just find a palm tree and sit in the shade, So we found out NO palm trees to sit under, but there were lounges, all with umbrellas and that is what we chose. We did wander about the shoreline, and we ended up walking back, sort of exploring the rest of the island. Many spots were crowded, and we prefer a more seclude spot, and whichever you prefer, it is there.

My DW and I both agreed it was a nice day, even if we didn't partake in anything that was offered. 

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 7:39 PM, Giantfan13 said:

First of all, we aren't 'beach' folks. I grew up on the beach and have developed multiple cases of melanoma, so I try to avoid the sun at all costs. Last year, on a cruise, we stopped at Coco Cay and like you, thought we wouldn't get off the ship. But we wanted to see this new adventure, we went, and decided to take the tram to one of the more remote spots, and just find a palm tree and sit in the shade, So we found out NO palm trees to sit under, but there were lounges, all with umbrellas and that is what we chose. We did wander about the shoreline, and we ended up walking back, sort of exploring the rest of the island. Many spots were crowded, and we prefer a more seclude spot, and whichever you prefer, it is there.

My DW and I both agreed it was a nice day, even if we didn't partake in anything that was offered. 

Cheers

Len

Thank you