Seabourn compared to Regent, Oceania & Azamara

dabear

Thanks for all your comments. I have to agree with Ka Honu's ratings (except we haven't tried Seabourn) as well as his comments about Regent pricing. Frankly, I am surprised that except for sea days , breakfast & lunch are primarily buffet style.

We've also cruised on larger ships & found Celebrity suited us best. Itinerary is most important to us followed by cruise line quality, ship size, service, food, etc.

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:37 AM, SLSD said:

No Silversea in your list?    NOPE  but thats because on Silver Wind the only outside deck was engulfed by smoke from 6 very rich Cigar Smokers who refused to use the " cigar room"  and the little Phillipino bar steward was expected to remonstrate with them ....when countless passengers went back and forth to Pursers complaining  eventually the response was " we will refer it shoreside " needless to say the affected passengers all vowed never to cruise Silver Sea again 

Edited by phillipahain
Spelling
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ka Honu said:

Totally Agree with KaHonu on Regent Pricing including Tours that are  not wanted ....which is why Itinery rules any decision we make    .....some parts of the world a Ships Tour is only sensible option especially for older passengers 

Matched our choices until Regent took itself completely off our list about 5 years ago by raising prices several hundred $/day to include shore excursions we didn't want. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:48 PM, SLSD said:

We also enjoy the Patio Grill for many lunches, but not ALL of them on a long cruise.  By the same token, we do not want to dine every day on the patio outside of the Colonnade either--as we only order from the menu and it is very short.  I think some will see my point.  It's not about asking for a panoply of cuisine choices, it's about asking for a serene place to dine in keeping with a luxurious  cruise. 

I totally agree with you. I find the Colonnade ambience too busy…the order by menu quite limited in choices. Meanwhile people are going dealing w the chafing dishes…and the center cold buffet varies minimally from day

to day. A closed MDR moves Sojourn below luxury class,JMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2