HELP!

avenger71

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

I was just curious what Carnival told you when you called? 

But it sounds like maybe you have determined (through screen shots and advice here) that it's a balcony guarantee, not Havana area?  

If you have time to come back up update us after your cabin is assigned, I'd love to know how it turns out.  Living on the west coast we sail out of Long Beach frequently but I've never tried a guaranteed cabin. 

No one seem to know what to tell me.  Was strange.  I will post back on here once we do get a cabin.  

• Thanks 1

Well, we were assigned a cabin number but not a Havana cabana cabin.  😞  I called Carnival and the first girl I talked to didn't even know what a Havana cabin was, she transferred me to another girl that couldn't help then transferred me to the Resolutions Department that told me that I didn't book a Havana cabana cabin.  I am SURE that I did click on that option.  I really think Carnival needs to check their website.  Anyway, we do have a balcony on the 11th deck so it's better than nothing.  

Just wanted to update you all.  Thank you for your help!!

• 1 year later...

I’m wondering the exact same thing as after I select Havana Cabana, I get offer codes for a guarantee. Common sense would say I should get an HE category or better, but I don’t want to risk not being in the Havana area. I could save $1000 on a booking if it were an HE or better cabin in the Havana area. 

Edited by ANGlady

1 hour ago, ANGlady said:

I’m wondering the exact same thing as after I select Havana Cabana, I get offer codes for a guarantee. Common sense would say I should get an HE category or better, but I don’t want to risk not being in the Havana area.

I think the way Carnival advertises this (and lists those offers) is very confusing.  I almost made this mistake on Panorama (but decided to call Carnival and fortunately got a knowledgeable agent).  I was told the guarantees are by stateroom categories Interior, Ocean View, Balcony, or Suite, and not broken down as far as 7A, 7N, or HE, for example.

I guess it's possible someone could get lucky and get a Havana area cabin under a balcony guarantee, but I don't think it's very likely.

I appreciate OP coming back and letting us know how her experience turned out though because you never know if the random Carnival rep you get on the phone is accurate.  

Thanks for the update OP. Yeah, my understand has always been that the ONLY gradients for GTY cabins are Insides, OVs, Balcs and Suites. Anything within that category can be your final assignment. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1